👶🏻 Nine: 3 a.m. 👶🏻

Silence.

That was the perfect word to describe the night as you laid awake in bed. The room was dark but the curtains were slightly drawn, allowing a faint ray of moonlight to peek into the otherwise pitch-black space.

You glanced to your side where your one-year-old baby boy rested with multiple blankets and sheets covering his small body. His big chocolate eyes were closed, putting his long dark eyelashes on full display and his thin lips were raised at the corners, most likely due to a good dream.

You released a faint sigh. Oh, how you envy your child's ability to fall asleep without a single worry in the world.

However, it wasn't as though you couldn't fall asleep because you had too many life-threatening problems crowding your mind, it was simply because of only one reason... or rather, person.

Your husband, Dazai Osamu.

Just playing out his name in your mind immediately made you let out another upset sigh.

Dazai had been away for quite a few months on some important mission with the rest of the staff from the Armed Detective Agency and he himself still seemed unsure as to when they'd finally close the case and return. Even though you did receive calls from him from time to time, it was definitely not enough, and you didn't call him yourself in fear that it might disrupt his work.

On the other hand, you weren't saying that hearing his voice again after days or sometimes even weeks didn't lift up your spirits because your face would automatically break out into an idiotic grin whenever you saw his name appear on your phone. But... it just sucked that he couldn't be there at times when you needed him the most.

You sighed again. You noticed you'd been sighing an awful lot lately, not to mention exhausted from having to take care of Shuuji all by yourself.

When you'd regained some sense of rationality and realizing that reminding yourself of these toxic thoughts wouldn't do you nor your work the next morning any good, you decided to clear your head and just go to sleep.

Just when you were about to shut your eyes, you heard your phone vibrate on the bedside table. Your gaze instantly fell onto the phone and your hand reached out to pick it up. The small device continued to vibrate in your hand as you held it closer to see the screen.

The first thing you noticed was it was 3 in the morning, and the second was that your early-morning-caller was none other than your husband whom was also the cause for your insomnia. Without thinking, you clicked 'answer' and held the phone next to your ear.

"Hello?" you answered in a whisper, not wanting to wake your sleeping baby boy.

"(Y/ N)." your breath hitched and your heart skipped a beat upon hearing Dazai's silk-smooth voice say your name.

"Osamu..." you breathed, closing your eyes. You could feel and picture his handsome face breaking into a soft smile at hearing his name being spoken by you on the other end of the line. You suppose you two were alike in that sense.

"How have you been sleeping, love?" he asked, his voice low yet gentle.

You sucked in a breath. "Not very well since I have to answer a call at 3 a.m."

His chuckles were like tinkling bells that sent a sweet sense of nostalgia through your being. "Feisty as always I see. I thought you would've been glad to receive a call from your beloved husband?"

Your lips curled up into a smile at his playful nature. "I am."

He let out a light hum in acknowledgment.

"I've missed you so much." You murmured into the phone. "And so does our son."

"I know," he replied. "And I've missed you too, both of you. More than you'll ever know."

You hummed, nodding slightly even though you knew he couldn't see you. "When will you come home?"

"Soon." he said, the softness in his voice nearly made you melt into a puddle.

"Good then." You said, hoping he wasn't just lying again only to comfort you because little did he know that it did more harm than good.

"Go to sleep, love, you have work tomorrow, don't you?" he murmured.

"I do... but I want to talk to you longer..." you whispered, a yawn escaping your lips in the process.

There was a pause of silence, then a faint release of breath on Dazai's end. "Remind me again what have I ever done to deserve someone as amazing as you, (Y/ N)?"

You couldn't help but beam and shake your head at his response. "You are such a dork."

"Yet you love me anyway." You could practically feel him grinning through the phone by this point.

"I do, why? I have no idea, but I do." You said. "I love you, Dazai Osamu."

"And I love you too, and our son." He answered.

You smiled. "Goodnight, Osamu."

"Goodnight, love."