👶🏻 Eleven: Gratitude 👶🏻

There were no walls.

There were no people.

There was nothing.

There was only darkness.

Darkness and him.

Dazai stood alone in what one could only describe as a dark abyss of nothingness. He had no idea where he was. He had no idea how he'd gotten there. He knew nothing. He remembered nothing.

The faint shuffle of shoes against earth interrupted the eerie silence of the deserted space, causing the bandaged brunet to turn towards the direction of the source. The sight that met his chocolate orbs made them grow in horror as what he saw was his wife held captive by a masked man in black with a gun against her temple.

"(Y/ N)!" he cried out, his utter terror prominent in his voice.

His hands clenched into fists at his sides as he watched helplessly as his wife struggled in the unknown man's strong grip. His brows furrowed and jaw tightened in fury.

"Let her go!" he yelled, unable to prevent his voice from breaking. "Please!"

The man didn't even bother to acknowledge his plea, instead, he placed his finger on the trigger and without warning, he fired. Dazai nearly felt his heart stop at the scene of his wife's body turning completely limp before falling to the ground with a loud 'thump'. Blood immediately seeped from her wound and pooled around her lifeless being.

"No..." he breathed. "No, no, no! (Y/ N)!"

"Osamu, what's wrong?!" Dazai's eyes flew open at the familiar sound of his wife's voice and he was greeted by her beautiful eyes staring into his.

"(Y/ N)..." he gasped, breathless. "You're alive."

(Y/ N)'s eyebrows knitted together in a moment of confusion before she finally realized what was going on. "You were having a bad dream." she sighed, relieved that it wasn't something serious.

"I..." Dazai glanced at his surroundings. He was back in their bed in their shared room with her and their son who was still fast asleep in the small space between them. "I guess I was... God..."

The brunet let out a loud sigh and ran a hand through his messy brown curls. "Thank god it was just a dream..."

"What did you dream about?" (Y/ N) asked with concerned eyes.

Dazai looked at her for a few seconds, simply taking in the sight of her breathing and well and beside him. He released another sigh. "I thought I'd lost you, (Y/ N)."

His wife's face collapsed at his words and he instantly regretted telling her.

"Osamu..." she murmured, at a complete loss for words. Without another word, she wrapped her arms around him, pulling him into a reassuring embrace which he gladly welcomed and returned.

"Honestly, (Y/ N), I know that I've said this time and time again," he whispered with his chin rested on her head. "But I truly do love you. I love you and our son. You two are the most important things in my life and I... I couldn't even imagine what I'd do if I'd lost either of you."

"I know," she replied. "And we love you too."

Those words alone were enough to calm and soothe the troubled brunet and he had never felt more grateful for the little family he had than at that moment. Shutting his eyes, he smiled and placed a loving kiss on top of his wife's head.

"I know, and I'm eternally grateful for that.