Chapter Thirty-Two

After our shower we lay on my bed in our boxers. It was ten o’clock and Florence and The Machine’s ‘Never Let Me Go’ was softly playing in the background. I’m a huge Flo fan, if only she could bless us all with a third album. Sigh. I’ll keep praying.

Dylan’s head was resting on arm, and I was absentmindedly stroking my fingers through his drying hair.

“Can I ask you something?”

He chuckled. “Sure, fire away,” he said.

“You said that at the time I met you, the only people who knew you were gay were Mitch, Sally and you’re Mum. So... why did you tell me you were gay the day we met?”

He didn’t tense up, but he took a while to answer. I waited patiently.

“I don’t know... a feeling? I guess for those past couple of weeks I was starting to feel a lot better. I was a lot happier and... I guess I just realised that I had to accept that things were the way they were. So I thought, you know, if I just accepted who I was then I could just get on with my life.”

He rolled over so he was looking up at me. “I had to stop treating it like such a big deal. So when you asked if I had a girlfriend I decided to man up and just come out and say it.” He smiled at me before getting comfortable and wrapping his arm around my waist. “Luck was on my side that you were the first person I told.”

“Why?”

“Well, for starters, you didn’t punch me in the face,” he said, chuckling. “And if I hadn’t have told you then and there, would we be where we are now?”

“I guess not,” I said slowly. If Dylan hadn’t have told me he was gay, would I have started to fall for him? Would he have still ended up being my boyfriend? I leaned down and kissed his head. One thing’s for sure, I’m glad he told me. I wouldn’t want things any other way.

~

I woke up with my arms wrapped around Dylan, his back against my chest, and I had a serious case of morning wood. Like, I’m surprised he was still asleep. Shit.

I slowly removed my arms from around him and rolled onto my back. He didn’t wake up. Luck was on my side. It was nine o’clock, so Luke was definitely still asleep and there was no way my mum would be home yet. I quickly climbed out of bed, careful not to disturb Dylan, and went and took a nice cold shower.

After my shower I quickly towel dried my hair and flung on a pair of boxers. Dylan was still asleep, face down and spread-eagled on the bed. He looked so peaceful that I didn’t want to disturb him, but I really couldn’t resist.

I walked over to the bed and carefully climbed on top of him and lay down, using my arms to keep my upper body weight off of him. I started placing kissed between his shoulder blades and made my up his neck.

“Alec,” groaned Dylan softly, his voice husky from just waking up. His face was turned onto its side, and I trailed kisses up to his ear.

“Good morning,” I whispered, and kissed along his jaw until I found his mouth. I kissed him lightly and pulled away before he had the chance to respond. “Do you want some breakfast?”

“Depends what’s on offer,” he replied. He shifted under me and I raised myself up onto my hands so he could roll over beneath me so we could face each other.

“Well,” I began as Dylan started kissing my neck.  He began to trail his fingertips lightly up and down my sides. “There’s cereal...or t-,“ I cleared my throat as his fingertips moved to start outlining the hem of my boxers.”...or toast. There’s toast?”  I asked lightly as Dylan licked my bottom lip.