Chapter Thirty-One

When we arrived back to my place the house was empty, bar from Luke whose music was blaring upstairs. Dylan and I shrugged our jackets off and we headed to the kitchen, where pinned to the fridge was a note saying that Mum was staying at her sisters and Dad was probably doing an all-nighter at the office. I opened the fridge and got out two cans of cola and handed one to Dylan.

“ALEC, IS THAT YOU?” called Luke from upstairs.

“YEAH,” I called back, signalling to Dylan to follow me up the stairs. Luke was leaning over the banister at the top of the stairs looking down at us. “Did you get something to eat?” I asked.

“Yeah, mum let Mum let me order pizza. Well, I’m just gonna be in my room all night.”

“Okay,” I replied as Luke turned around and went back into his room, slamming the door. I rolled my eyes at Dylan before opening the door to my room.  I dumped my jacket on the end of the bed and walked into the middle of my room, stretching. I turned to watch Dylan place his jacket on top of mine and close the door behind him. I rubbed my hands over my face and collapsed onto the bed.

Dylan walked over to my iPod docking station and started scrolling through my songs. I lay staring at the ceiling for five minutes before getting up and walking over to stand next to where Dylan was crouched still scrolling though my songs.

“What are you looking for?” I asked.

“Nothing in particular,” he said slowly. I tried peering over his shoulder, but was stopped by the mini heart-attack that commence when Dylan yelled out “AHH HA!"

“Jesus, dude! What?” I asked. He looked up at me and pressed play on the iPod. He stood up as the music started to play, and I burst out laughing and he joined me.

I backed away from him as Marvin Gaye’s voice filled the room, singing ‘Let’s Get It On’. Dylan wiggled his eyebrows at me and walked towards me. I quickly closed the distance between us, and this time I didn’t wait for him to kiss me, I kissed him.

I captured his face between my hands and crushed his lips against mine. I felt him smile against my lips as he wrapped his arms around me, securing me against him in a tight hold. I let my arms travel across his shoulders and around his neck as my mouth followed the line of his jaw; kissing, licking. Dylan gasped when I sucked on the spot just under his ear, and he tilted his head back as my lips made their way down his neck.

“Alec,” said Dylan, his voice sounding surprisingly strong. I made my way back up his neck, to his chin, to his lips.

“Yeah?”

“Thanks for a great second date,” he said, giving me a full on cheesy smile.

“You’re welcome,” I replied, smiling back at him. Then unexpectedly, Dylan decided to lift me up and spin me around my room.

“DUDE!” I shouted, clinging onto him for dear life. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he started to laugh. “PUT ME DOWN!”

Dylan collapsed on top of me onto the bed, my legs and arms still wrapped around him, my face was buried against his shoulder.

“Alec?” said Dylan softly. I loosened my hold and looked up at his face, smiling. He rested on his forearms, keeping most of his weight off of me. He gently brushed my hair back from my face and leaned in and kissed me.

I kissed him back, slowly, stroking my tongue against his. My legs tightened around him and I pushed my hands up under his t shirt, resting my hands on his hips. Dylan slowly pulled away, biting my lower lip. When it pulled free I could feel that it was swollen.

“Do you want to take a shower?” he asked.

“Sure,” I replied, unwrapping my legs from around his waist. He gave me another quick smile before roughly kissing my lips.

“Come on,” he said, standing up and taking my hands, pulling me after him.