Chapter Seventeen

I woke to the feel of someone softly kissing my neck, strong, lean arms wrapped around my waist. The room was quiet, only the patter of raindrops on the window filling the silence. I sighed and shifted closer to Dylan, keeping my eyes closed.

“Good morning,” he said quietly, his lips brushing my neck as he spoke.

“I’m not awake yet,” I mumbled, squeezing my eyes closed tightly.

Dylan chuckled and began trailing his nose up and down the back of my neck, along my hairline, down the back of my ear.

“You sure about that?” he whispered into my near. He kissed the edge of my jaw just below my ear and my eyes shot open. That one little kiss woke up one certain part of my body and I was nowhere near ready to be pitching a tent while in bed with Dylan. No way in hell.

“Gotta pee,” I said quickly as I clambered over Dylan’s legs and sprinted into the bathroom.  I busied myself by brushing my teeth and washing my face with cold water, all the praying to God to let me compose myself. Admitting I had feelings for a guy was the first step, and I’m sure getting a boner while in bed with him isn’t the second.

After eventually taking a piss I went back into the bedroom hoping I was channelling Dylan’s laid back demeanour for once. It nearly slipped when he smiled at me while still lying in my bed. I crawled onto my side of the bed and sat with my knees to my chest and my back against the wall. Dylan placed his hands behind his head and looked up at me.

His hair was all over the place, in a really sexy ‘ I just woke up but I always look good’ kind of way. The covers were down to his hips, and my eyes trailed down his chest to the ‘v’ that disappeared beneath the duvet, and I cursed in my head at just how gorgeous he was.

“What’s the plan for today?” asked Dylan, clearly amused at my wandering gaze.

“The plan,” I said, clearing my throat, “is that Sam and I are going grocery shopping while you guys wait for the heater repair guy to come.” I leaned over to the window and drew back the curtain to see the grey sky and downpour of rain. “Unless you want to try to get a tan, then by all means go ahead.”

Dylan just shook his head in amusement before getting up.

“I’m getting a shower.”

“Okay,” I replied, watching him make his way towards the bathroom. He stopped in the door way and placed each hand on either side of the door frame before looking over his shoulder and shaking his ass. I threw a pillow at him and he closed the door, smiling like the goof he is.

~

When Sam and I were ready to go we left the others trying to set up a monopoly game and headed out to the car.  It was a twenty minute drive to the store in the rain, the whole way there we talked about usual things, but I could tell something was bothering him.

We arrived at the store a made a quick dash inside to avoid the lashing rain. Goodbye summer. I got a trolley and we quickly grabbed a few things we needed along with some DVDs since it looks like there might be a few rain days. We quickly packed up our stuff and put them into the car. We both got in, the rain dripping off of us.

Sam turned up the heat and we set off. After five minutes I turned around to face him.

“Spit it out,” I said. He gave me an innocent, questioning look before sighing. He hated that I could always tell when he had something to say.

“Right, I don’t know how to say this, so I’m just going to be blunt,” he said, taking his eyes off the road briefly to glance at me.

“Firstly, I just want to let you know that you can talk to me. You know that right?”