Just a little note to you all...

After reading this book, I know a lot of you have commented saying that 'periods aren't great' etc. (chapter 6) and Alec's reference when texting Dylan saying that all girls bitch about each other and moan about fashion.
You don't need to comment trying to 'educate' me on why that isn't true. I know it's not. I don't agree with everything put across in this story. They're are certain things I feel strongly about, and some that I don't agree with at all. The reason they are there is because this story is from a characters point of view, not mine. It is Alec who thinks that girls just bitch about other girls, not me. It was Alec who made the vagina comment, not me, because of course, he doesn't have a vagina so how would he know?
He's a character, with flawed view points. To have him be educated and understanding about everything is unrealistic for a 17 year old boy who is still learning about life and who he is. His view points change. Sally showed him that not all girls are like Savannah and Kelly. He realised that liking guys isn't a 'sexual preference' but a 'sexual orientation' - as its not a choice.
Please, don't waste your time messaging me and telling me that I'm wrong to say that, because it isn't me saying that. It's Alec. Creating a character is about adopting a voice that isn't your own and that has different view points- Alec isn't my voice.