Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

When we got back to the cabin we hurried inside to the warmth: we were soaked through and luckily the heating repair guy had come. After putting the groceries away I sat down next to Sally and Elle, watching Mitch and Cam on the Xbox. When Dylan walked in Sam waved him over into the kitchen.

I watched them talk; Dylan nodding at whatever Sam was saying before Sam gave him a slap on the back and said something in his ear which made him laugh. They both looked over at me and I squinted my eyes at them and frowned. Sam shook his head whilst smiling and pushed my head back playfully when he walked past before sitting down next to Matt.

Dylan nodded his head towards the bedroom and I got up and followed him through. We both sat down on his bed, each at opposite sides. Dylan gracefully crossed his legs and gave me a sly look.

"What?" I asked, sounding more defensive than I wanted to.

"You were gushing over me to Sam, were you?"

"I was not!"

"Whatever you say."

"I wasn't!"

Dylan just chuckled.

"So you told him you were gay?" he asked.

"It turns out my poker face isn't as good as I thought it was."

"Your poker face is awful."
"Thank you for that input, don't wasn't my ego getting too big now, do we?"

He just grinned.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out to see a text message from Savannah.

Come by and see me when you get back, I can help you blow off some steam ;) x

"Eww eww eww!" I muttered before throwing my phone down. Dylan just raised his eyebrow at me. God, that is hot.

"Savannah," I said, answering his incredibly hot questioning look.

"Ex?"

"Yeah, kind of a psycho one."

He just nodded and then proceeded to pull a stupid face. I laughed and then I remembered about what Sally had said the other day.

"What about you?"

"Hmm?" he replied, confused.

"What about your ex? The one you mentioned after that first day in detention?"

I saw I him pause, not quite in surprise at my question but more to think about how to answer.

"Oh him? His name is Jayme and we dated for a while."

"How long?"

"About a year."

"What happened?"

For the first time I saw Dylan look slightly uncomfortable. He leaned forward, arms rested on his knees. He looked up at me before he replied.

"He dumped me for a girl. Said he'd had fun but it just wasn't for him anymore."

"What an asshole," I muttered. He let out a bitter chuckle.

"Yeah. I never knew I was gay until I started dating him."

"Have you spoke to him since?"

Dylan shook his head. "No, I tried calling him but he wanted nothing to do with me. It's been nearly six months since we broke up."

I didn't really know what to say. I could tell it still bothered him, but I didn't know what that felt like. None of my girlfriends ever broke up with me; I was always the one to break it off with them.

I shuffled closer on the bed and took his hand, lazily threading my finger through his.

"Do you want to talk to him?" I asked without looking at him. I stared at our hands, waiting for him to answer.

"I did. I wanted to know what changed his mind, whether it was me or the fact that I am a guy. I didn't know what to do with myself for the first few months. I missed him. But l guess someone else came along and made me realise that I need to stop living in the past."

I looked up at him then and noticed the playful look in his eyes.

"Oh really?" I asked, trying to sound curious."
"Yeah. He's pretty great, terrible poker face though."

I tried to keep my face straight, acting as if I had no idea who he was talking about. I, as expected, failed miserably and we both ended up laughing. Dylan caught my other hand in his and lifted them both up to his face and kissed my knuckles.

"You okay about the whole Sam thing?" he asked softly, resting his chin on top of our hands.

"Yeah, he was pretty great about the whole thing. He threatened to beat you up by the way."

I got a full dazzling smile and one of those throaty laughs, I swear my heart stopped for a few seconds.

"I know," he said, "Sam told me that as well."

"He called me little sis though."

"Mitch used to call me Tena, as in Tena Lady."
I burst out laughing and nearly fell back onto the bed. Dylan just stared at me, an awestruck look on his face.

"What?" I asked.

He replied by leaning in and kissing me. We sat there, my hands in his, his lips touching mine. I opened up to him, let our tongues collide and heavy breathing fill the air. I let go of his hands to run my fingers through his hair. I pulled him closer, crushing his mouth against mine. His hands gripped my sides, and I opened my led and lay back on the bed, guiding him with me.

His arms moved to each side of my head, bracing his body above mine between my legs. I gasped when I felt him grind against me, and I locked my knees around his waist. My hands tightened in Dylan's hair and I could feel myself getting more and more turned on.

Well that's new.

When Dylan noticed he groaned quietly against my mouth, his teeth biting my lower lip.

"Alec-" started Dylan. I smashed our mouths together again, my tongue entering his mouth and stroking the metal in his tongue. My senses were filled with Dylan; his taste, his smell, the feel of his body against mine.

"Dylan," I said, gasping for breath, "don't-"

"DYLAN! ALEC! WE'RE ORDERING CHINESE!" called Cam.

And yet again, I felt the need to punch Cam in the face.