【14】

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

RICKY's POV

I paced around the room, suddenly finding it hard to breathe correctly as if the room was getting smaller. I can't have doubts right now, it is not the best of moments.

"So what are you trying to say?" Big Red asked not even looking at me, busy with a video game.

"What I'm saying is that Nini and I kinda shared a moment today!" I said desperately, letting myself down at his basement couch.

"I thought you said Lu?" He asked looking at me, finally.

"No" I said sighing, knowing he was way too sucked into the game to care. "You know what? Whatever, it doesn't matter anyway" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

I was feeling conflicted, yes. I had been telling myself that I didn't care about Nini anymore, not as more than a friend. But earlier today I don't know what I felt, I'm not capable of putting my finger on it, and Red wasn't helping me at all.

Realization spatted me, maybe he didn't need to help me. Technically this was my problem, I had to man up and solve my problems by myself, at least without making a mess of them. Maybe this was something I had to solve on my own.

I shot up straight and threw on my jacket.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Don't worry, I'll figure it out by myself" I said, smiling at him while I ran up the stairs.

"Okay!" He yelled from the basement.

I ran through the door as I said my goodbyes to Big Reds family. Once outside I sighed and took my way. I had walked there from my house for the first time in a long time, and now it had worked out for the best, I finally had some alone, quiet time.

I didn't mean to make more of a mess of things if I'm being fully honest, but seeing Nini there at the piano made me feel something, a thing I couldn't grasp. For me, it is crystal clear that out this, one would have to lose. I had to give up on either one or the other. That was a given.

But the thing was:

Was I ready to let go of either?

And if so, which one?

I was doomed. I've been thinking about this for an insane amount of time now, and up until today I thought the answer was obvious.

Lucia was the answer. Before today Lucia was more like the only answer that made sense. Now, Nini was suddenly making sense too.

Or maybe it was just me?

Could it be that I was only imagining it?

I mean maybe I was growing this out of proportion.

Should I ask Nini? Maybe that would be a good move?

If she doesn't kill me first it could be a good idea.

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

LU's POV

I wasn't having a good time.

I thought I could just ignore whatever feeling I had today but as time passed I grew impatient.

What if they get back together?

Maybe they were already together.

What am I even talking about? Its been mere hours, how could Nini and Ricky be together already?