【13】

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

LU's POV

I played with the piano keys, trying to get a good melody. I had been working with Ashlyn for almost an hour, and I had to say it; her solo was THE SHIT. The lyrics is absolutely crushing and now we were working on the melody. But, I was in a serious need to use the bathroom.

I was about to tell Ashlyn that I was having a quick bathroom break, when suddenly I saw Nini apear from behind Ashlyn.

"Hi" I said, getting up from the stool.

"Hi" she said getting Ashlyns attention.

"Hi" Ashlyn said.

Nini looked at me and then at Ashlyn.

"I...Uh I didn't know anyone was in here" She said.

"We...uh... we can be gone in seven seconds, six if we don't zip our bags" Ashlyn said in a hurry.

She was extremely nervous. I couldn't help to just nod quietly.

"Oh no, no, no, don't go" she said looking at Ashlyn, who was the only one moving. "What was that" Nini asked looking at me now.

"Huh?" I asked, not realizing she was now talking to me.

"The uh, the song you were just playing" she asked smiling shyly at me.

"Oh that" I said. "Um, Miss Jen asked Ashlyn to compose a song for her character" I let out pointing at Ashlyn.

And then abruptly putting my hand down because pointing is rude, according to my life giver; or dad, it's the same.

"Oh" Nini exclaimed looking at Ashlyn now.

"Yeah it...uh, it's probably way too much" Ashlyn said.

"Ashlyn, don't say that" I sighed.

"I'm playing Miss Darbus" she continued, ignoring me. "The teach-

"Oh I know who you are playing" Nini smiled at her.

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

"This had been the first I ever talked to Nini, like in a real conversation, and I have to admit that, she isn't as bad as I thought. I mean, there is always three sides to every story, aren't they? So why should I hold anything against her? After all, Ricky wasn't my friend when whatever happened between them happened. Also I should ask him about what happened, but that is not important right now, why do I always rail off when I do this?"

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

"I sat across from you at the read-through" she said smiling at Ashlyn. "Besides you're E.J's cousin"

"We don't have to talk about E.J, I don't want to talk about E.J" Ashlyn said, very nervously, and turned to me. "Do you want to talk about E.J?" she asked.

" Uh..." I let out, very confused.

She then turned to Nini and asked her; "Do you want to talk about E.J?"

"No" Nini answered quite quickly. "I mean, I do, but just not right now" she answered as her phone rung. "Jeez, this has to stop" she laughed.

"Doesn't matter who texted you is no ones business" Ashlyn said as she wrote something down on her note book.

"Dude" I said looking at her, a little bit scared.

"No, um, one of my moms has been sending me these fortune cookies every day to keep me balanced" she said.