【20】

20?! ALREADY?!

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

LU's POV.

I had always pictured my first East High dance to be quite perfect. No, seriously, I had always dreamed I would be dancing until my feet couldn't take it anymore and then Zac Efron would appear, out of nowhere, and ask me to marry him, while the lights flickered and everyone chanted my name, over and over.

But life wasn't a dream, right now, my life was more like a nightmare, and it was all thanks to my beloved, mother.

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

"Mom?" I asked with a surprised face, I was in shock, I could not move at all.

This is not real, she's not really here.

"Surprise!" She said in a very low voice, she pushed herself past me, and rolled her suitcase behind her, rolling it over my toes, seen as I couldn't move at all. Auch.

She stood in the middle of the living room, looking around her, searching. "Where is everybody?" she asked so normally and I felt a crazy urge to cry
take over me.

She looked so familiar, yet so different.

She used to spend evenings with me, right in that same spot, coloring, playing. And now I somehow didn't recognize the woman standing there. She looked the same but different.

Her eyes looked way more tired, she looked skinnier, her hair looked lighter.

This is not my mom. She may look like her, but this was not the woman who raised me. That version of her is long gone.

"What do you want?" I gathered the courage to ask.

"I want to talk to your father" She said, sitting on the couch.

"That's it?! You show up here almost six months later, and all you have to say is that?!" I yelled.

I was too busy fuming that I didn't heard the footsteps approach where we were, until I heard my brothers voice.

"Mom?" Ben asked, looking at her with disbelief. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh, I see what you mean Lu-"

"Lucia" I interrupted, "Call me Lucia"

"Ridiculous, everyone has always called you Lu" She said, standing up.

"Yes, everyone who means something to me" I spit.

"Uh, fine" She said, a bit hurt. I almost took it back, almost.

"Jane?" Another voice said, and I felt myself freeze, my dad was here. "What are you doing here?"

"I get it, no one's gonna say hello first" Jane said. She had the nerve to walk up to my father and extend her arms at him.

My father offered her a look of shock and disbelief, taking a step back, as if she had almost hit him.

"Get out of my house" He spitted, charging each word with pure hatred.