【15】

(As you know the following moment happens the day before but I just thought it fitted better this way, and also I forgot, lol)

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

RICKY's POV

I was looking out the window, standing at the stairs. Overthinking if this was a good idea at all.

It's what needs to be done, Bowen. Man up. Be a man, be... it's useless I can't do it.

I looked down at my phone, debating with myself if I should do it or not. I closed my eyes and pressed the phone's screen.

"Hey this is Lu and uh... well you already know what to do!"

Voicemail. Was that a sign? I'll take it as a sign.

I ended the call before the tone started and scrolled trough my phone again. Without thinking I pressed the "dial" button, and waited.

"This is Nini, talk to me, me!"

Voicemail too? Damn it.

I also ended that call while I took a deep breath. I looked out the window. Why did everyone suddenly looked so happy? I wasn't happy, I'm having a breakdown at the moment!

I sighed while I rubbed my face with my free hand, looked down at my phone and dialed her phone number again. Even if I was send straight to voicemail again I am going to say this.

"... This is Nini, talk to me, me!"

"Uh...hey it's me...uh... your buddy, Ricky"

-"sorry to bother you, I know we don't really do voice convos, but I- I saw you singing that song with Ashlyn, and I-I thought we shared like, like a moment or a thing, I don't know maybe a moment is kind of a thing"

-"why am I still talking? Anyway whatever, I just thought maybe we could talk, and uh, set some things straight? But if this voicemail is too much for you or too soon or you're just not into it, we can just ignore the whole thing and pretend like it never really happened, okay?... poof, gone!... okay uh bye" I said as I ended the voicemail and hoped for the best.

I really needed closure in order to do what I really want to do.

"Nailed it, crushed it"

· • • ·

LU's POV

I walked up to the front door of my beloved East High. Another day, another struggle.

· • • ·
"Oh boy troubles, they seem like the end of the world, you know?
Even if they aren't the end of it."
· • • ·

"So, have you asked Ricky to homecoming?" Ben asked from my side.

"What?" I asked, pretending not to know what he was talking about. Of course I did know. I had come to the conclusion that I was going alone to homecoming.