【17】

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

RICKY's POV

"So what do you think?" I asked Big Red after I was done telling him my plan.

"I don't know dude" he said. Red was laying on his bed throwing a little blue and black ball in the air and catching it, really focused.

"This is not good" I said, re-running the plan in my head.

"I know" Big Red said, looking extremely unimpressed, a blank expression splattered across his face.

"No, this is really not good" I repeated, hoping he'd sense my panic.1

"Yeah but it's not news either" Big Red said throwing the ball again.

Ouch, man.

-"You broke her heart, crashed her play, pissed her off and pissed her off more"

"You think maybe it's time to move on?" I asked, scared of his answer.

"I wouldn't" he said, making me feel better. "But you have that other thing"

I motioned him to keep going, even more scared of his answer.

"Pride" he said, catching the ball. "And Nini"

· • ● ❖ ● • ·
"No way, no way. Nini is not a second option, she deserves better. That thirsty voice mail and her reaction to it, was enough for me to accept that there was nothing but ashes where there used to be fire. Wow, poetic."
· • ● ❖ ● • ·

"Okay, tell me what to do" I asked a little bit desperate due to the fact that we weren't getting anywhere with this conversation.

"Just be yourself, you know?" he said, scooting to the edge of the bed. "Be the bigger man" he said, making movements with his hands.

"Pick one" I told him.

"Definitely the bigger man" he said, an obvious tone tinted his voice.

Your boy is stupid, I need clear instructions or I will mess things up.

-"You are the lead in the play, man" he said. "It's time to act like it" he told me as he threw the ball at my chest.

I love Big Red but I swear I am so unimpressed with his advice skills. Why can't I talk to Lu about this?

Oh yeah because she can't know about this.

But he did kinda have a point. And he's my right hand man.

"You're right" I said as I accepted defeat. I was going to do this.

"It's like that scene from the movie, where Troy tell his teammates; 'you are my guys and this is our spam' " he said as he picked up the ball and smashed it in my chest.

What?

"When does he say that?" I asked, confused.

"You know I just realized that my allergist keeps the sound off in the waiting room" he said, thinking. "And maybe I can't read lips"