【 1 】

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

· • ● ● • ·

LU's  POV

I ran down the stairs right behind my brother and sat at the table, just as my dad left a plate in front of me, filled with chocolate chip pancakes. First day of school breakfast. Yaaaaaaaasss.

I ate the whole thing in a bite and as I got up from my chair I drank the whole glass of milk, then I ran up stairs to wash my teeth and check my hair for the last time. Junior year, THE year. God I feel like I might throw up everywhere.

Eew no.

I ran down the stairs again as my brother grabbed his keys. I kissed my dad goodbye and Ben and I walked to the garage. He started the car and drove down the street, as my favorite song started playing. "The Start of Something New" from High School Musical. I turned up the volume as my brother groaned and I started signing.

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

"I know what you are thinking, she is going to East High and her favorite song is from HSM, so cliché. Hey, it was my dream to go to EH since I was 7, but then my mom decided it was a great idea to move the whole family to California, just so my dad could catch her cheating on him with her boss. So who's cliché here, huh? Okay fine definitely me, but alsooo *fakes a drumroll* my mother!"

· • ● ❖ ● • ·

Ben parked the car and I got out of it, closing the door while hanging my backpack on my shoulder. He locked his baby and we started walking towards the entrance.

I felt myself shrink as I made my way through a group of freshmen who were crowded at the front door. They all were meeting up with their friends, and it all reminded me of he who shall not be named. Would he still be here at East High? I mean I know he started his freshman year here, but then he stopped calling me, so... would it be really bad if  I wish he had transferred or something over the past two years? I mean for all I know he could be in the same situation as me, in another school with separated parents, because I mean we didn't expect my mom to be... okay I'm rambling.

I shrugged. Once inside we started making our way to the office, Ben and I had to get our schedules and other things, like locker number.

The lady on the counter was busy doing her makeup, not that it helped her a lot, but hey, who am I to judge. Don't get me wrong I love makeup, I watch a lot of makeup videos and tutorials but whenever I try to do them on my self, well... let's say I'm no makeup artist material.

"Hi, I'm Ben Greene and this is my sister Lucia," he said to the lady, who immediately stopped what she was doing to look at him.