Chapter 47

If you read this story please take a second to vote on the chapters you like, it would mean a lot! And thank you to everyone that does! xx

~

We went back to the locker room when the practice ended where we would wait. My phone rang and it was a text from Michael. We had decided to watch the Opening Ceremony and the first game from the bleachers with Michael and everyone else, since we weren't much needed anyway. I had my reservations, I wanted to be on the bench with the team, but everyone wanted to watch the game from the bleachers so I agreed in the end.

Mr. Jones family had arrived too and he left to find them. He had a pass to all areas since he was technical staff just like we did, so it made coming and going that much easier.

"They are still stuck, waiting to get in." I informed everyone. "Michael says it might take a while." Everyone was sitting, listening to music or starring at the ground. No one was talking.

"Waiting is killing me." Marina said. She and Bernard looked at each other from across the room.

"Me too." I told her quietly.

Coach Tandres entered the locker room and everyone looked up.

"Croatia is done with their practice too." He informed us and we settled into waiting once more.

When the noise from the people got louder, I finally looked at my phone again. It was about time for us to go join Michael and the others. The Ceremony would start in about half an hour.

"It's time." I told Marina and we got up. The movement made everyone look up. "We are going guys." I said. "You are gonna do great. I know it. I'm certain of it. In fact I've bet money on it, so don't let me down."

"How much did you bet?"

"100 dollars. Hey that's a lot for me!"

"If we win I'll give you a thousand." David said.

"Then win." I gave him a tight hug not wanting to let him go. I hugged everyone and when it was Neymar's turn I reached towards him and kissed his cheek before he could object. I thought a hug would be pushing it. "Good luck Neymar." I said looking up at him. He looked at me but didn't say anything.

We left the locker room and headed up towards the bleachers. Thankfully we found the guys right away in the section they said they'd be.

"Hey guys!" Marina said and we greeted everyone. I sat next to Michael and Alex.

"How are the guys?" Michael asked.

"Nervous. But they've got this. I know they do."

The opening ceremony started and it was breathtaking. There were about 500 dancers and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte singing and in the end Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull appeared to singthe official World Cup song along with her. The crowd went ballistic.

It was so much fun but I couldn't shake the anxiety of the impending game out of my mind to fully enjoy it. When the Ceremony finally ended we settled on our seats once more to wait for the game to begin.

"Stop being so anxious about it!" Michael yelled in my ear. It was so loud around us I barely heard him. They guys had really bad seats but Scolari had pulled his magic and traded those up for some better ones. We were in the heart of Brazil's supporters, everyone around us dressed in yellow, blue and green. And we all had yellow NT shirts on so we fit there perfectly.

"Who are you wearing?" I asked Michael. He lifted his hands up and I saw the number 4 on his shirt.

"I know everyone is wearing the 10 around here..." He said pointing at my shirt, "But I have to stick to my number."