Chapter 76

"LUIGI'S IS A CHAIN?" I exclaimed when we got out of Neymar's car. "You've got to be kidding me!"

Neymar grinned. "I remember what a good time we had there your second night in Granja Comary and I wanted to do that again."

"That's amazing." I said as we walked inside. Indeed it had been a good night. Sure he was still Juninho then, but it was the night we had gotten to know each other, without pressure and expectations and it had been wonderful.

"If you would follow me." The maître said and led us to a sole table in a balcony that overlooked all of Brasília.

"We are on a hill?" I asked looking down the balcony.

"Yes." Neymar said, standing next to me. "I ordered us some red wine."

"Perfect."

"I'm glad. I didn't want you to think it was too much."

"The wine?"

"No, no. The whole thing. I know you like simple things."

"But my boyfriend is extravagant and I like indulging him once in a while."

"Is that so? That means you'll come on my boat too?" He teased me but before I could answer he pressed his lips on mine.

I heard noise behind me and realized a waiter had brought our food. Neymar took my hand and led me to the table, taking my chair out for me to sit.

"Thank you." I told him.

We began eating and everything was as delicious as last time. We were both in a good mood and chatting, forgetting all about everything and everyone else.

"So who do you think it is? The mole." I asked as I put my fork down, feeling stuffed.

"An assistant coach? It can't be a player."

"Who has access to this information?" I wondered out loud.

"It depends. But it's a lot more people that you'd think."

"Really? Well I hope they find him soon."

"Yeah. Before it becomes a real problem." Neymar said thoughtfully.

"So how do you feel about the game with Cameroon?"

"Oddly I feel very positive."

"And that's odd?" I teased him. "You're generally positive."

"Yeah but... before the last game I didn't feel like myself... I guess all that stuff with us and Alex..."

I nodded suddenly feeling sad, thinking about it. I was messing with his game, which was the last thing I ever wanted to happen. I guess that's the reason players leave their families and girlfriends to come to Granja Comary. To avoid distractions. And here we were, so shamelessly going out on a date the day before the game. If anyone saw us it would be a media nightmare. I'd be a persona non grata, Neymar would be accused of not taking the competition seriously and Scolari would be blamed for not being able to discipline his players. I imagined how disappointed he'd be in me if he knew, the same day he told me he trusted me.

"What is it?" Neymar asked, seeing the change in my mood.

"Neymar... we are being so irresponsible."

"What do you mean?"

"We shouldn't be here. You should be having an early night, to get ready for tomorrow."

"It's better to get to spend my time with you instead of lying awake in my bed thinking about the game."

"Is it though? I can't be the reason—"