Chapter 44

"Michael!" I yelled, my voice escaping my lips without realizing.

"Liv!" My brother said when he heard. "I missed you little sis." He said giving me a hug.

"I missed you too!" I said, afraid I might start crying. "Sam!" I exclaimed when I saw my childhood friend.

"Hey Liv." She said hugging me too. I greeted everyone, Demis, Romy, Tobias and Haley. The guys were my brother's friends and teammates and Haley was a friend of Sam's she met while studying in her university.

"This is Marina, Peter and Alex." I said introducing everyone. "And that's my brother, Michael and Demis, Romy, Tobias, Haley and Sammy." I said pointing at each one. I felt out of breath.

Once everyone was introduced we started walking towards the cathedral.

"So Liv, tell us everything." Demis said. He was walking beside me, his arm around Sam, his longtime girlfriend. They had met through Michael and me three years ago when Demis joined my brothers team and they've been together for the last two years.

"Like I'm gonna talk strategy with you Demis." I told him sarcastically.

"Woah, woah. Strategy?" He looked at me surprised.

"I told you, didn't I?" Michael interjected. "She is on Neymar's training team!"

"She is? YOU ARE?" Demis asked, his eyes wide.

I nodded.

"Is this for real? Where do I sign up?"

"Try not to drool all over him when you meet him, will you?" Sam said told him, messing up his hear.

"WE ARE MEETING HIM? I think my poor heart will give out." Demis said comically.

Everyone started laughing. "Do you think an autograph will be too much?" Romy asked.

"Nah, he's cool." Marina said. "We were exactly like that too before we met everyone but they are so normal."

"Except those of us who didn't know who they were." Peter said.

"Peter!" Marina scolded him.

"What do you mean?" Tobias asked.

"Well Liv didn't know who Neymar was- "Peter started saying.

"But she did when they met the first day." Alex cut him.

"I want to meet Neymar too." Haley said. "He's my favorite footballer."

"He is?" Tobias asked her. "I didn't know you knew any."

"I do. Him." She snapped at him and I wondered if something was going on there. "Does he have a girlfriend?" Haley asked me quietly so that no one heard.

"No, I don't think so." I answered.

A small smile appeared on her face after she heard my answer. I wanted to bang my head to a wall. He was asking me to be together and I went around telling people he was single. It sounded so dumb but exactly what I'd do.

We strolled around the magnificent cathedral for a half hour before we headed back towards the center of the city. David texted me that they were done with their interview and I texted back where we were. We walked around before we found a cute gelato shop. I got myself two scoops, bitter chocolate and milk chocolate.

"Of course!" Sam said as she approached me. She was holding a cup of two colorful scoops. "You never try anything else!"

"What's the point if you know what you like?" I heard his voice from behind me.