Q & A

Hi everyone! It's been a few days since I posted the final chapter of DMOL and I am back to answer a few questions you send me in the comments and in messages! Before I do that, I want to thank you again for reading, voting and commenting on the last few chapters!

~*~

Was that always the plan for the epilogue?

Yes. Ever since I began writing, I knew how the Brazil chapter of Liv and Neymar would end. I knew how high the stakes were with Neymar's injury and what it would mean to him and to Liv if he played and something happened to him. If you go back to the first few chapters, you will see that the James thing was always a part of the story, there are many hints throughout the book.

Why aren't Liv and Neymar together on the Bonus Chapter? What happened?

The World Cup ended mid-summer in 2014. It's been 2 & a half years since then. Tons of things could have happened! But one thing that really did happen...

Were Liv and Neymar engaged?

From the Bonus Chapter:

"Me, finding that post-it note with the first clue, on the fridge when I got home... Taking the car and driving around Rio, looking for the clues, one by one, each leading me to the next piece of personal history. Finally figuring out the last clue and driving to the Escadaria Selarón, walking up the 250 steps, and finding him, getting on his knees, in front of me. Me, saying yes."

Yes. Sometime in those 2 & half years Neymar proposed and Liv said yes. And obviously some time later they broke up because they are not together at the present.

Bruna? Seriously, Bruna?

Ha ha! Well she wasn't too bad as a character. I tried really hard to make her as multidimensional as possible and not just a bitter ex.

(Update 2022) Looking back at this I wish I hadn't chosen her but chose a completely fictional character instead as she's a lovely person irl and I knew nothing about her in 2014.

Is something ever going to happen with David and Liv? They would make a nice couple?

I don't see it happening any time soon. It's platonic between them. But I feel like they complete each other in a way.

Is this the end?

Well... I'd have to say yes. The epilogue was how I always thought the story would end.

But in all this time it took to actually write the story, I began thinking about what would happen after the World Cup. And I felt like Liv, even if she wasn't with Neymar, she wouldn't just cut ties with all these people. So she ended up in France, with David and Thiago, reinventing herself and doing the job she only ever dreamt before.

Is this really the end?

I had decided it was. But I was so glad to get your messages saying you didn't want the story to end, so now I don't know what to do. I have stories to tell about these characters, but also new ideas/books I want to write.

I am thinking I should leave this up to you. Do you guys want me to write a second book? Mind you, it would be shorter for sure and it would pick up after the bonus chapter.

Vote if you want another book or comment saying: "You've got to let this go, enough is enough!" :P

Let's see what happens!