Chapter 97

Hello everyone!

So Olivia finally comes clean to Neymar in this one. Instead of having her tell him in a few sentences what happened I thought I would write the story in flashbacks. Chapter 97 has flashbacks from when she was 16 and the next two chapters cover the next two years.

I hope you like this chapter and I'm so glad she (and I!) finally come clean about the secret! Tell me what you think about it and about *him* (you'll know who I'm talking about after you read it!) xx

16

"Michael! Michael!" I yelled at the top of my lungs to no avail as Michael's car disappeared. My idiot brother was supposed to give me a ride home after practice since ours and his ended at the same time. But no, that totally eclipsed his mind because he was too busy leaving with Kaylie, captain of the cheerleaders and all around popular girl. At first he took the breakup with Liza hard, but he had since moved on, a couple of times. He had integrated to our new school well, that was for sure, I thought as I started walking the 6 miles home. It would have been fine, had it not been so cold outside.

"Hey, do you need a ride?" I heard as a car pulled up on the side of the road. I looked inside and recognized a guy from my brother's team, whose name I didn't know.

"No, it's okay. Thanks." I said automatically.

"C'mon, it's too cold to walk." He insisted.

I sighed. I would have said no again but it really was too cold. "Thanks." I said as I got in.

"So who was that guy?" He asked me as I was about to introduce myself.

"What guy?" I asked baffled.

"That left you here. You were yelling after him just seconds ago?"

"Oh. That's my brother."

"That makes more sense." He chuckled.

"More sense than what?" I asked, looking at him.

"Nothing." He said infuriatingly. I hated when people did that. He was trying to be mysterious and it was annoying as hell. And I couldn't help but notice how handsome he was, with big bright blue eyes that lit up when he smiled. I knew I was staring but couldn't help it. "Anyway, I'm James." He said and I snapped out of it.

"I'm Liv. I mean Olivia."

"Nice to meet you Livvie." He said, looking at me.

I was about to protest, because I hated being called that. It was what my parents called me and Mike too when he wanted to annoy me. We were Livvie and Mikey to my parents and if you didn't know us you'd think we were still six years old. "You too." I said instead and he turned to smile at me. I was so caught up in looking at him that I didn't even tell him to keep his eyes on the road.

~*~

"Thank you Olivia. We will consider what you said and let you know what our decision is soon." Mr. Tate told me as he escorted me out of the conference room.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I walked down the corridor. It was up to them now. I heard footsteps behind me but before I could turn around to look, someone spoke.

"I heard you are trying to start a new football team. For girls. Is that true?" James asked me. He walked beside me, that stupid, ridiculously charming grin plastered on his face.

I nodded. "Hi to you too James."

"So it's true?" He repeated, ignoring my greetings.

"Okay, have at it too." I said annoyed. "Tell me what a stupid idea it is, how the boys' team is all that matters and blah blah blah. God knows I've been hearing this from your teammates all week now. Including my brother." I snapped at him.