Chapter 33 : That day didn't end that way

Hello, A warning to all the readers that there would be some intense scenes, which if anyone uncomfortable can skip, but please don't report it mature. This intense scene is written only because it was necessary for characters expressing their romantic sides and also it was really needed.

Once again I am giving a fair warning if you are uncomfortable do skip the part which would start from ~~~~~till ~~~~~

Shiv's POV

I stumbled back as father revealed that Sati was promised to someone before me. I saw how Rati Bhabi had almost lost her balance.

The most and only thing confusing me now was Sati's reaction, that is there was none. She just stood as before, her face facing down.

Before father could continue I clenched my teeth and said, "Father how come you never mentioned this to me?."

Father didn't face or turned towards me, but Maa said, "Shiv let your father complete dear."

My hands formed fists with anger as I nodded, motioning her to let father continue. Father swallowed as he was now trying to start the conversation again. At that moment I saw the vulnerability on his face, as he spoke the truth to people around him.

He started, "I had known what was going through with him as he confided most of his problems with me. It was the day when he died he came to me and asked for Sati's marriage with Shiv. Before me agreeing he had frankly stated that one of the reasons he wanted his daughter to marry my son was to keep them out of harms way. So, I readily agreed with him inspite of Sati's status, as he was my friend first than Kanwar Singh."

Father paused as Maa added, "That day I, your father along with Bhairav Singh Ji and Rukmaniji were discussing about Sati, when Shiv came from horse riding session. Bhairav Singh Ji saw Shiv and requested him to join us. To our surprise he accepted and joined us. Bhairav Singh Ji flashed him Sati's picture stating him that would he marry her."

I didn't wanted Maa to expose me in front of Sati especially by saying something which was really irrelevant now. Trying to control my anger and embarrassment, "Maa, please will you not say this now."

Maa chuckles lighting father's mood. I was relieved knowing she won't press the matter ahead, but father beat it saying, "He was 17 years old and mature, so he readily agreed. But he had one condition."

"Father please can you directly come to point?" I pleaded.

There was no reaction from his side, making me roll eyes as he started speaking, "His condition was that ..... he wanted to meet Sati."

I could feel Sati's lips forming a smile under the duppata. Maa in a teasing tone added, "That day your father was really embarrassed in front of Bhairav Singh Ji and Rukmanji. They laughed at his silly request, but Shiv made a point that he be taken seriously."

Father now started continuing from her words, "To my surprise Bhairav agreed and made me understand that he didn't mind as it was harmless. I again was embarrassed by him when he was adamant that he wanted to tag along with them that day. Eventually your father agreed to his stupid request again, so we let him go with your parents."

He stopped himself as he gulped with heavy voice he stated, "If it was not Bhairav's quick wittedness .....I would have lost Shiv along with your parents Sati."

Bhabi's voice broke as she spoke, "Do you mean to say Shiv was there in the same car as Sati's parents?."

Father nodded as he replied her, "Not only he was there, he had to see them being brutally killed right in front of his eyes. H..he... was well hidden in the back seat of the car by Bhairav."