Chapter 1 : The shiv temple chauraya

A white rolls royce is coming through the sands towards the white marble temple of shiv.

The car stops in front of the temple and the driver steps out and opens the door behind him, a huge build figure with black beard and long moustache with orange sherwani and white chudidar steps out of the car. A small knife is attached to his waist holding it he walks towards temple steps.

He stops on the steps and turns to look at the car. Driver opens the other side of the car door and a lady wearing an orange kurti kanchli with bangles till her elbows and 'borla' on her head steps out and follows towards the man.

The driver bows and stands, he makes a walks towards the boundary walls of the shiv temple to the left and he disappears out of the sight.

Both man and women climb the stairs and step inside the temple and fold their hands towards the shivling and close their eyes. Minutes later they turn and steps down slowly towards stairs to reach their car.

On reaching they find the car empty and the man tries to look ahead in search for the driver and sights few horses with men on it with guns approaching them. He quickly pushes the lady inside the front seat of car and rushes to the driver's seat. His eyes moves fast in search for car keys at the keyhole and till he realises he hears gunshots aiming towards his car windshields.

Both of them duck down with the front window being broken. They continue to fire till no movement is there from the car.

Minutes later they have stopped firing, one of the men who has his face covered with white cloth sitting on horse jumps down.

He slowly approaches the car and opens the door of the lady's side and the body of the lady is popped out with few bullets on her hand and head. While he looks the man's head is faced down on lady's thighs and blood on his back with bullet wounds on his shoulders and back.

The man after checking the bodies, signals others men in horses by raising his gun and then thumbs up. They all turn around with their horses along with the man who signalled them, he joins them and go towards the opposite side of the shiv temple and disappear behing the sand dunes.

Minutes later driver returns and looks at the car, standing for few moments. A white ambassador comes at the opposite direction at a few distance from the white Rolls Royce.

A man sitting in the back seat of the Ambassador opens the window and pulls his hand out waves to call the driver. The driver walks calmly and tells "Bade hukum is dead along with Devki Ranisa"

The voice from the car replies, "Don't make anyone find the hukum's body ever, you better take care of this matter."

Driver replies ,"What about ranisa's body"

The man in car replies, "Let her wife's body stay."

Driver nods his head and the window is pulled up and the white ambassador car goes ahead of the temple. Driver walks towards the disfigured car to open the driver's door and looks at the bloody bodies.

He kneels down saying, "Hukum, I am sorry" and cries. After few moments he whistles, a horse comes beside him, he stands up pulling the man's body from the car and puts it on the horseback.

He climbs on the horse and goes towards the left side of shiv temple where he had earlier gone, but this time more further till his horse disappears.

In evening when stars were clearly visible the driver with his horse stopped outside the fort which looked white under the rising moon. He jumps down from the horse with a red bag held in his hand walking towards inside the gate.

He rushes inside the man's room, who was sitting on the chair beside the fire place with his eyes closed.

Driver bows to him removes a blood stained orange sherwani and white churidar pant from the red bag and says, "I made sure the tiger ate Bade hukum all, here's the proof" he hands the clothes to the man and he looks at the ripped clothes with blood stains throwing them in the fire.

Note :

Hukum : An form to address king or people from royal family (either male or female)meaning Your Majesty in Royals in Rajasthan and few places in India

Bade Hukum : Elder one or Higher one in amongst brother.

Ranisa : Addressed to queen or first lady in the royal family.

Chauraya : It's a place where four roads meet like crossroads but only four.

Borla : A traditional Rajasthani jewellery of every wedded woman wore on the partline on the women's hair/ forehead.