Chapter 29 : Happy Birthday Sati

Next morning Sati was waving at Rati and Rajveer along with Dadisa, Padmini and Kanwar Singh. Rati and Rajveer later sat in car and left.

Sati stood there for few moments then turns, to see Kanwar Singh speaking with few guys regarding the pavilion and decorations built in the middle of the open court.

Dadisa's places her hands on Sati's shoulder grabbing her attention, "Let's head to my room."

Dadisa's Room

Dadisa's Room

Sati nods walking along with her to her room. As they both entered Sati saw Padmini was waiting for them.

Sati sat beside Dadisa, Padmini taking a seat on the sofa beside them.

"I wanted to give this as your wedding present" Padmini with a square shaped jewellery box forwards it towards Sati.

Sati lifts her eyes in her direction, "What is it Badi Taisa?."

Padmini motions with her eyes to Sati gesturing to hold the box. Sati stretches her hands then holding the box placing it on her lap.

Dadisa turns towards Sati with her knees touching hers, "This is my gift for your wedding."

Dadisa places a small round red velvet pouch which had golden beads and designs on it.

Sati questions, "What's this Dadisa? Haven't you given me enough of these materialistic things? You needn't...."

Padmini intervenes, "Sati please accept it. It's not everyday we would shower you with gifts right?."

Dadisa continues, "She's right Sati, besides you are getting married and not celebrating your birthday."

Sati laughs. Dadisa places her hands on her cheeks, "That's a pretty smile you know."

Sati nods gently.

Padmini speaks, "Just to lighten your mood.... in these gifts there are things which belongs to your mother. Consider it as a heirloom which I wanted to hand you and also something memorable of your mother's."

Sati bites her lips facing the gifts in her lap. She in a low voice replies, "Thank you Badi Taisa for lightening my mood."

Dadisa eyes Padmini to say something, "Sati I think you should pack these gifts with your belongings. You have to head down before 10.30 am for the baarat pooja."

Padmini pauses then sighs, "Gayatri Devi will be reaching here for the Mayra function around 12 or 12.30. You need to get ready real quick."

Sati slowly rises towering Dadisa, "I will now leave and I hope there won't be more gifts. I don't think I can stuff my suitcases more than already it is."

Dadisa and Padmini laughs off at her words. Next Sati walks exiting the room.

Padmini's smile fades when Dadisa's states, "Don't you think you overdid it?."