Chapter 32 : A night of revelations

Shiv's POV

I took the cellphone out of my pocket as sun had started to rise. I glanced at the screen showing 6.45 am. I shook Bhai, who started mumbling rubbing his eyes.

He eyes outside, sprang up on his seat narrows his eyes at me, "I am sure you didn't blink a eye."

I simply nod with a smile. He exhales, "Let's head out. I suggest you just freshen up as bathing won't be a option. Meanwhile, I will check with father."

Before he pulled the handle to open the door I pushed the cellphone in his hand, "Bhai, here have this."

He raised his eyebrows, "What you're already done with this?."

"Hmmm. I don't think I need it anymore."

He scoffs, "I cannot believe it. Here I was in the belief that I would never get my cellphone back!."

I simply gave him a fake smile, "Not so funny."

Bhai places the cellphone in his pocket. Next we both stepped down from the car. He walked towards the tent where my father was already up talking with few guys.

I was escorted with my guards following me. I so didn't wanted these guards, but father has explained me the need for it. Kanwar Singh's enemies was his reason.

I took a leak, freshened up splashing water on my face. The sherwani was really uncomfortable for me, but given the occasion I totally ignored about it.

Just few more hours and I will be out of this in my comfy clothes and my home. I was walking towards the tent when Kanwar Singh at the same time walked out of the gates approaching father.

I just bowed at him as he replied with the same courtesy. I walked in the centre of the tent taking my seat.

It was almost an hour later I was seated in the same wedding mandap minus the cushion which were replaced with chairs.

Kanwar Singh started announcing and showed the dowry he was giving Sati, among the guests. The last part he caught my attention when he called me, "Jamaisa, here."

He handed me a key with a huge fake grin on his face. Looking down at the key I knew he gifted me a car. Bhai was also give car as a part of his dowry, and to mention he got an 1957 Jaguar XKSS in dark navy blue colour.

 Bhai was also give car as a part of his dowry, and to mention he got an 1957 Jaguar XKSS in dark navy blue colour

Rajveer's dowry car

I was no fan of getting a car or dowry, but I couldn't turn down the age old traditions just because I think it's not appropriate.

I looked upto him with a small smile bowing him. My eyes now were glaring in my palms as which car he would have gifted me?

My eyes lifted up, as the palace gates opened answering my question. A 1954 MERCEDES 300SL two seater which was off white in colour.