Chapter 19 : No one dares to bait my daughter

After the dinner was done everyone retired to their room. Padminiji and Kanwar Singh in their room laying on the bed, "Kanwarji, I am scared as the marriage is approaching."

Kanwar Singh turns his body to Padminiji, "What are you even scared of huh?."

Padminiji in a concerned tone, "You know Rati will be leaving us. I was not a good mother to her given my condition and the loss of my son made me neglect her all the motherly affections. She must hate me, but she doesn't and that is what concerning me the most. I am really ashamed to be calling myself her mother."

Kanwar Singh puts his hands on her shoulders, "She is very composed and well behaved child Padminiji, so she knows how everything works here and the situations. She is strong inside and yet vulnerable sometimes, but that doesn't stop her from being a gentle and noble lady which I am extremely proud of."

He continues, "I know we have done a lot of injustice to her, from depriving her of parental affections and duties. And as a matter of fact I blame this only on BHAIRAV." He stressed the word bhairav in an angry tone.

He sat up resting his back on the bed rest, patting on Padmini's head slowly, "If I wouldn't have trusted him so much, I wouldn't have lost my son and you wouldn't have to face asthma attacks. To add I would not have let Rati be the person she is now, instead she would have been cheerful and full of life."

Tears filled Padmini's eyes and with a heavy croaky voice, "Kanwar ji, please don't let Rati tag along with Sati. I am scared she may brainwash our Rati and also she might be injured or attacked....."

Kanwar Singh cuts her and stops patting her head, "Padminiji trust me on this, no will try to harm her or even think of putting a scratch on her, because she is my daughter. AND NO ONE MESSES WITH MY DAUGHTER."

Padminiji closes her eyes, "I hope this is the situation."

Kanwar Singh eyes soften seeing Padmini's watery eyes, "Padminiji trust me, no one and I mean no one tries to bait my daughter. I am sure."

She holds Kanwar Singh's palms kisses them saying, "You need to finish Sati quickly Kanwar ji."

He nods, "Hmmm. Now sleep."

He pats on her head stroking her hair and glancing at the family portrait of him with Padminji holding infant Rati and their son standing in between them.

He murmurs slowly not making Padmini audible, "Where are you son? Come back I am waiting for you eagerly" looking at his son in the potrait who's reaching Kanwar's abdomen wearing a cream coloured sherwani holding a long knife."

———————————————

This is a short chapter, but it is very important as to know the pain of  what Kanwar and Padmini are going and why they are standing at the opposite side of our lead.

P.S.
I along with this, am working on my new novel which I want to get it done before January month ends. So wish me luck.

Like. Comment.Vote

~L