Chapter 31 : A dark night's thoughts.

Shiv's POV

After the wedding there were few rituals which were ended by 2.30 am. I was hell tired from travelling for past few days. My body gave out the tiredness which I hid well.

I was now seated on the passenger seat with Rajveer Bhai beside me. Guards were surrounded around our car.

Father insisted me to sleep with him in tent but I declined. I wanted privacy, thus me and Bhai were sleeping in the car.

He reclined both our seats, "I suggest you better sleep now. We have to leave before 9 in the morning father said."

I groaned, "Why so early?."

Bhai smacked behind my head, "If not then I am sure you will have to stay till 2 afternoon. And no way I want to stay here that late."

Rolling my eyes at him, "Yup, let's sleep now. I am sure you need more sleep than me right?."

He lifted his eyes lazily at me raising his eyebrow.

I shrugged and teased him, "Didn't still get it? I mean two whole days with the preparations and ...... two nights straight without sleep..."

I was cut with another smack on my neck.

"I was stating the facts", I said pouting.

Bhai's eyes now flickered in amusement, "Is that so? Yours will be much worst than me, trust me, given how you are."

With that he leaned back closing his eyes. I was confused at his words, "What do you mean worst than you Bhai?."

He didn't answer, so I tried shaking him but he wouldn't budge and mumbled me that I sleep.

I was tired, I needed sleep and hell somehow I couldn't find sleep in my consciousness because of someone.

My mind darted at the colour mehendi left in my right palm. It was spread throughout the palm and was dark reddish-maroon. A smile escaped my lips thinking how would her palm look like.

"I bet the Purohit almost laughed at this during wedding", I turned my face to him when Bhai spoke as he was starring at my coloured palm.

I huffed rolling my eyes at him, "I bet father also saw his reaction."

Bhai's eyes widen asking me, "What?."

I casually said, "He will ask me about it tomorrow for sure."

Bhai in a concerned voice, "Didn't we warn you to behave......." he paused then queried, "Aren't you bit embarrassed how will you answer this question?."

Nonchalantly I replied, "That's the perk of being youngest sibling. You get away with anything."

Bhai without having energy to debate closed his eyes placing his hands on chest, "Good luck with that for tomorrow. Now off to sleep Shiv."

I was confused why he wished goodluck. I shook my head and simply hmmed at his response. I glanced through the window up, to see starry sky along with lonely bright moon.

I was nowhere near sleepy as I was picturing Sati in my mind. Even the bodyguards were awake, not because they were thinking but they were guarding me. They were chatting, smoking, having coffees to be alert throughout the night.

My mind was half way at ease after the wedding. Sitting here was making me uncomfortable with lusting thoughts. My mind was readily jumping for the night that was approaching after the sunrise.

If it was in my hands I so wanted to skip this night. I mean I was wedded and should be with Sati and not waiting for whole night to pass.

Some kind of ritual huh!!!!