Chapter 4 : I am property of Shiv Singh

It's eight in morning exact and Kanwar Singh looks at his watch and announces to Joshi "It's perfect time now, let her come out now and enter the gate"

Joshi opens the carriage door and she moves both her knees towards door to step down. Rudra looks towards the door while standing behind Kanwar Singh. He steals glances at light pink ghagra and blouse with gota patti design she wore, with net dupatta of dark pink matches her wheatish skin. Her both hand wrists are filled with light and dark pink bangles with little jewellery on neck and ears. A small yet elegant drop shaped maang tikka with light pink colour bindi and dark kajal in her eyes completes her face.

It is just a moment he is captured by her beauty and faces down to at the ground with a smile.

He hears Kanwar Singh clearing his throat again and says, "Sati, you came. How was your journey?"

She smiles and looks down to step but stop and says "Babosa it is my first time returning home after eight years, I cannot step down like this"

Kanwar Singh's face is neutral to what she says, he looks around and then calls "Rudra, kneel"

She smirks and rudra walks past Kanwar Singh without looking up and bends down with both his knees and both hands touching the ground. She lifts he ghagra little up to put her right foot forward outside the carriage. She steps her right foot on Rudra's back while Joshi moves in front of her to give her hand. She puts her left foot on his back and then puts right foot down.

Rudra looks at her feet which are seen as she had lifted her ghagra, he gazes at her golden anklets with ghungroos and golden coloured Mojaris. He smiles as she puts both her feet down and then releases her ghagra from her hand covering both her feets.

She stands to greet Kanwar Singh and Joshi, and moves forward to walk inside the gate. She is stopped by Rati with a silver plate in her hand. Rati smiles at her looks in the plate with ring finger dipped in red colour and touches below the bindi on her forehead.

She gives a piece of jaggery in her mouth. She hands over the plate to a maid standing beside her and hugs Sati tightly "Eight years, didn't you miss me? No.. wait couldn't you come once to meet me huh?"

Sati smiles and replies "Why you didn't visit me?" she looks at rati's face and then hugs her and says "I missed you," and pauses and looks towards Kanwar Singh "Shall we go inside Babosa"

Kanwar Singh finishes her sentences by interrupting "Yeah, Let's head inside your Taiji and Dadisa is waiting for you" he leads the way for her with Rati holding her arm.

He looks back towards Rudra who is dusting dirt from his palms and knees while kneeling. Rudra looks towards Kanwar Singh and hears the words from his mouth "Rudra, pull all the luggage from the carriage and place it in Sati's room"

Rudra turns to looks inside the carriage through the door he notices only one wooden suitcase and a small red round bag. He raises his hand to reach inside the carriage and hears a sound from back "Stop"

He turns his head back and his eyes meet Sati and turns his body towards her. Before he could say she speaks "Get aside"

He steps a foot backwards giving her way to reach inside the carriage. He looks to his left where Kanwar Singh, Rati, Joshi are looking towards Sati still confused to what is she looking for.

She grabs the red round bag and walks past Rudra as if he wasn't standing. Rudra steals a look at her back and gazes at her pink ghagra choli and her waist visible through the dark pink dupatta.

Rudra grabs the wooden suitcase which is quite heavy. He drags the suitcase and finally lifting on his head and walking towards the left side of the stairs.