Chapter 26 : Day 7

Sati stepped down as early as 9 in the morning for breakfast. While walking through the court she saw how the kandois a.k.a chefs were busy preparing different types of sweets.

After having breakfast Sati along with Rati stood in Dadisa's room with Jagdish and Bishnu for their final dress fittings.

Dadisa was seated beside Padmini whereas, Rati and Sati were trying their dresses. Dadisa rubbing both her temples, "Bishnu, when will you deliver these dresses if you're just doing the fittings today?."

Bishnu in a pleading tone, "I will get it delivered today before sunsets. I promise to not delay later than that."

Dadisa nods. After the trial fittings Bishnu and Jagdish left with Sati and Rati walking to their respective rooms.

Dadisa was now alone with Padmini, "Padminiji, who are coming from your side for the wedding?."

Padminiji smiles, "Most of them have given their nod for attending the marriage. Also they are very excited about the 'Maahira' function...." she croaks with eyes filled with water, ".....as it's the first wedding from my side."

Dadaisa lays her hand on Padminiji's lap with consoling eyes, "Don't worry Padminiji, everything from now on will only bring happiness in your life."

Padminiji nods towards her.

———————————————

Sati enters her room a knock makes her turn around. She opens the door where maid informs her, to come down quickly as Kanwar Singh was waiting for her.

Sati steps out of her room to see Dadisa also exiting her room at the same time. Dadisa and Sati walk along down the stairs, standing in front of Kanwar Singh.

Kanwar Singh, "Are you ready to leave Sati?."

Sati nods.

Kanwar Singh guides, "Good. Let's head out, Rudra is waiting for us in the car."

Sati takes a step ahead, as Dadisa speaks, "Kanwar, can I also accompany you both today?."

Before Kanwar Singh could respond Sati turns back to Dadisa, "Why Dadisa?."

Dadisa looks at Sati who has an amused smirk on her lips, as if Sati expected Dadisa's question.

Sati approaches beside Dadisa putting her arm around her, "Dadisa, Babosa is really trying to get through the wedding without any disturbances and casualties. Dadisa you tagging along with us will only add more danger, ain't it true Babosa?."

She turns her face to Kanwar Singh who without another thought agreed to Sati giving a nod to Dadisa.

Kanwar Singh explains, "Maa, you know the situation surrounding us. I don't mind taking you along if the situations were not these tensed. So Maasa please, try to understand the gravity of situation here."

Dadisa in a defeated tone, "Alright Kanwar."

Sati pulls her hands away standing in front of her.

Dadisa worriedly, "Kanwar, be careful on your way and ..." she stops mid sentence with her tone changing, "....make sure of Sati's safety along with yours."

Sati bites her cheeks inside gazes at her face. She smiles, "So Dadisa shall we leave?."

Dadisa nods. Kanwar Singh walks ahead followed by Sati. They take their seats in the car and next moment their car being on the road.

While passing through chhatri area, Kanwar Singh coughs grabbing Sati's attention who's eyes were fixated outside the closed window.

"There beyond the chhatri's can you see the three storey building Sati?."