Singing in the Rain

Disclaimer: Lyrics are not mine!

Lynx PoV

"Was that my gift?" He asked in a low voice.

"Half of it," I replied.

"GEORGIE! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Molly called.

"I'll be right there!" He answered back. He kissed me on the cheek and said, "I'll be back. And get out of the rain." He lingered for a second before running back to the cottage. 

"Okay," I answered. I chuckled and walked around mindlessly, still thinking about his soft lips on mine. I have kissed a couple of boys before for plays and careless dates but it was a whole other feeling kissing a person I truly cared about. No matter how much I tried, I could not get this stupid grin off my face. I was thinking so I ran into Sarkany, who also seemed happy. 

"Sarkany! Do you want to go for a ride in the rain?" I asked, hoping he was up for it. He roared softly in agreement. I got on his back and he ran to the field. He roared with determination and ran. Then, Sarkany soared into the sky.

In my fourth year of Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts, my class did the musical Singin' In The Rain. Most of the boys that year had more interest in doing more of the crew work, so most of the cast were girls. Because of that, I ended up playing Don Lockwood, the love interest of Kathy Selden. After that year, that musical became my favorite, and my favorite song became Singin' In The Rain. Also, it was a riveting feeling playing a male and I look very handsome. 

"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain! What a glorious feeling! I'm happy again! I'm laughing at clouds, so dark up above! The sun's in my heart and I'm ready for love!" I sung.

Sarkany was swaying with my voice. I sang the whole song until Sarkany and I got tired. We landed and I dried off Sarkany. He had a grin on his face that matched mine and before I went back to the cottage, I kissed his snoot. When I entered the cottage, Molly and Charlie were staring at me. 

"Uhm... Good morning!" I said cheerfully. 

"You have a lovely voice," Charlie commented with a smirk. 

"Oh, I know. I've won several awards at WADA. Now, I'm going to take a shower, dry myself, and wrap the gifts, so see you later!"

"You don't want breakfast?" Molly asked.

"I'm alright, thanks!" 

I ran upstairs, grabbed a good change of clothing, and went into the bathroom. I quickly went inside and took a wonderful warm shower. After that, I changed, I dried my hair the Muggle way, brushed my teeth and went in my room. 

As I was replaying my first kiss in my head, still blushing every time, I hummed to Singin' In The Rain. I grabbed the two tiny vials of Liquid Luck and wrapped them both in a tiny box. 

"That was quicker than I thought," I said. I checked the time and it was almost two o' clock. I opened my closet and picked a simple yet pretty outfit, or infit, because I'm not actually going out. Something to think about. I wore blue jeans with my maroon combat boots, a gray loose top with a cardigan. 

"LYNX! COME DOWN FOR GIFT OPENING!" Molly called.

"I'll be right down!" I called back.  I went down stairs and saw that everyone was waiting for me. I sat next to Charlie and George, who winked at me. Of course, I blushed.

Before I could say anything, Fred and George begged and begged for their gifts. First, it was Charlie who gave in first and waved his wand. Two boxes came floating into the living room, one was bigger than the other.