Mrs. Lovett Takes The Stage!

"Dad and Mom," I said with a confused smile. "What's all this about?" I went to my little sister and Mother handed her to me.

"Well, we were just wondering what are you going to do about that Hogwarts letter," Father said.

"I hadn't really thought about it. I wasn't going to go," I answered sitting down on the stool and fluffing Lyra's hair.

"We think you should," Mother said.

I raised a brow when I looked at her. Even Draco seemed to agree. "Why is that?" I asked.

"You didn't finish your education and even though that working in a gallery is fun work for you, we do think that you have potential to even work in the Ministry." 

"The Ministry?" I chuckled. "What would I do in the Ministry?"

"If not the Ministry, perhaps a professor in WADA or maybe even Hogwarts?" Father suggested.

"I like working at the gallery, Dad. And, really, I appreciate your concern but I'm fine. I'm working with my friends and I just got a lease for an apartment in London. I'm doing more than fine on my own."

"We just think it'd be best if you finished your education. It's very important," Father said.

"I agree with you. But, even if I did go to Hogwarts, I would be behind. In WADA, while they do teach the basics like Transfiguration, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions and all of that, they focus on the arts. Like theater, writing, painting, acting. That's what I love to do. And besides, I'd be in Gryffindor."

"Wouldn't that be something," Draco said with a smirk. "The first Gryffindor Malfoy." 

"If you insist," Father said with an understanding smile. "Good luck, Lynx."

"Thank you, Dad. Thank you, Mom."

"We're off now. Lyra has an appointment with the Healers," Mother said. I handed back Lyra to Mother after I gave her a soft kiss. They said their goodbyes and headed out of the flat. I turned to Draco.

"What was that all about?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Beats me. Looks like to me that they're trying to parent you for all the times they didn't. So is it true, you got a new flat?"

"Yeah! I spent Christmas night with him and we just got talking."

"You're not moving in with him, right?"

"Oh, no. That's way to early."

I went to my room and Draco followed, talking to me about his day at the Ministry. It seemed that Draco took the job at the Improper Use of Magic as a project manager. A lot of his old classmates were there so he fit right in. I took my wand out and said, "Pack!" All my belongings started to float up and a tote bag opened up. One by one, my things started to enter the bag and in a flash, my room was empty. The only thing that was left was the desk, bed, and dresser.

"That's it, then," Draco said. "I'm finally free of you."

"That's right," I said, grabbing the tote. It was heavier than expected. "Thank you for letting me stay here, Draco."

"Not a problem at all. You're always welcomed here. And I'm so glad everything is going well with our parents and with you."

"I am too." 

I gave him a huge hug and he returned it and pat my back. "I want to visit your flat. I'm inviting myself for dinner soon."

"You got it, mate," I said with a wink. And with that, I Apperated out of Draco's flat and into mine.