First Kill Goes Out With A Bang

"You're mental," Mackenzie commented.

"More like mentally amazing!" Wesley Premium commented.

"Yeah, it would be... I guess..." Patten mumbled. "How are we going to do it?"

Lynx looked at Ace and Derek and they both nodded. She smiled deviously and thought, This is not going to be pretty. I think the Malfoy in me is starting to ooze out of me. 

~*~

The whole Weasley family was in the Burrow for George's birthday but the atmosphere wasn't the same as his last birthday. There was no Fred to accompany George. It just felt weird and heartbreaking for all the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione. But they decided that they couldn't do anything and tried to make the best of it.

Ginny sat next to George and smiled weakly to him. "How are you?" She tried.

"Great, I guess. Considering the fact that Lynx may be the killer of my twin brother and that this is my first birthday without him.... I'm just fantastic," George answered.

Ginny stared at her brother and said, "So you really believe that she killed Fred?"

"I don't know what to believe, Ginny. Do you?"

"Not at all," Ginny simply said. "She's proven to be trustworthy time and time again. And even though the Profit says that she killed two people--my brother--I will not believe it. Lynx would never do anything like that. I thought that you, out of all people, would understand that."

She got up and went to Harry. The gathering finished quickly after gifts and cake but no matter the attempts, George kept with his solemn self. After everyone left home, Molly, Arthur, and George were left in the Burrow.

"Honey-," Molly started. 

"Mum... I'm fine,"  George interrupted.

"Happy Birthday." 

His parents hugged him and when the broke apart, George Apperated into his flat upstairs on his joke shop. He took a small shower and laid on his bed, thinking about Lynx and the wonderful times they shared together. 

He remembered his last birthday and how it's been a year since everyone was happy. A year since he was with Fred. A year since he was with Lynx. 

Staring at the clock, he said, when it turned midnight, "Happy Birthday, Lynx."

It's been a year ever since their first kiss. That was the best gift anyone could give him and knowing that he broke her heart made him regret everything. That kiss, the one he forced upon Lynx, didn't mean crap. 

He got up and went to the closet bar he can find. George usually never drinks alone but he just needed something to distract him from all this. When he sat down, he ordered a bottle of gin and drank it sip by sip. The taste was bitter, but the burn felt good.

"Hey," the guy next to him said.

George looked at the bloke and saw Stefan and choked on his drink. Bullocks! What the hell is Stefan doing here? And why isn't he punching me to death right know. Just stay calm... stay calm, George thought. 

"Woah, you alright?" Stefan asked, patting George's back.

"Yeah... I'm fine," George said. 

Another bloke with blonde hair sat on the end of the bar and ordered Tanqueray over ice. 

"Good." He continued on with the newspaper. George was still confused as to why Stefan was being nice to him but decided that he didn't want conflict. Stefan was reading the headline of the Daily Prophet: Lynx Malfoy: Undesirable No1. "This is insane. I mean, they don't have solid proof that she killed the two people and now they just randomly put her as number one. Undesirable two, three, hell even fifty eight have done more heinous crimes than she has. It's just ridiculous."