Sure, My Name's Cleared... But I'm Not That Happy

We were in front of the Manor. I looked at Draco and he nodded his head. I reached for the door bell and pressed on it. The sound of the bell echoed throughout the huge house. On the third ring, Mother answered the door with a small, happy Lyra in her arms. When she saw me, she gasped, gave Lyra to Draco and hugged me ever so tightly.

"Lynx... What-..." She asked, speechless.

I was a bit shocked. She never really hugged me this lovingly before... but it felt nice so I hugged her back. "My name is cleared."

"I thought you ran again when the Undesirables took you after the hearing," Mother said, with her two hands on my cheeks. I looked into her eyes and I saw so much relief.

"Uhm... Well, it sort of a long story. Can I come in?" I asked.

"Lynx! Lynx!" Lyra exclaimed giggling. Draco chuckled and gave me my little sister. Whoa. She got a bit heavier since the last time I held on to her.

"Of course, come in, Lynx," She greeted in, smiling. "How are you, Draco?"

I went into the Manor. It wasn't as gloomy as it was the last time I was here. Mother went into the kitchen, waved her wand and brought back tea. I hope it's her Phoenix Herb Tea; it's my favorite.

"It's Phoenix Herb," Mother told me smiling. I knew it. "Your favorite."

I laughed. "Yes, I know."

Draco went upstairs to pack some of his stuff, leaving me with Mother and Lyra. We talked about what had happened these last few months when I was an Undesirable. Apparently, Mother has been taking extra care of Lyra. No wonder she looks happy. When we were done with mother's part of the story, we went on to mine. Draco joined us just in time, too.

It was nice telling Mother, Draco, and Lyra the story of me being an Undesirable. They were the first ones to hear it from me, and since they are my family, it felt right. I told them everything, from the first day that they caught me, to the last day, the day I got my named cleared. I was debating to myself whether I should tell Mother about Stefan.

But I choose to keep it to myself for the time being.

"I'm so sorry, Lynx," Mother suddenly said.

"Why is that?" I asked, taking my last sip of the tea.

"Lucius and I've been avoiding you since you were small."

"Yeah, well, I've already gotten used to it, so don't mind it, Mum," I said with a smile.

"I know, but it's not something you should get used to. We're you're parents, Lynx. That's what got me to notice Lyra. We didn't do it right, raising you and Draco. We showed you things that normal parents aren't supposed to do. I made Draco my favorite child and I showed it in front of you."

"Yeah. That kind of made me mad," I said chuckling. "Thank you. You know, for your apology. I never thought I would get one from the two of you."

"I have other people I need to visit now. A cleared named girl is a busy one," I said, giving Lyra last kisses.

"Yes, of course."

"I should be get going, too. I have work and all," Draco said, getting up.

Mother hugged both of us goodbye as we gathered all of our belongings. Draco grabbed my arm and dissaperated. I looked around and saw that I was in my flat.

"It's still here?" I asked.

"Why wouldn't it be?" He asked.

"I dunno. Maybe because I've been and Undesirable for more then two months. Who's been paying for the rent every month?"