Chapter 48: Two Years Later

AUTHORS NOTE: HIT PLAY ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO (MAY NEED TO SKIP AD SORRY)

I wake from my dream.  The morning Summer breeze blows through the open balcony door.  I watch as the flowy white curtains sway from the wind.  I can see the clear sunrise outside.  The sounds of birds chirping.  

His strong arm wraps tighter around me.  Laying down on the bed next to me---Ben.  I feel his right hand run over my swollen belly.  How he just delicately touches it. The tingling from his fingers wakes me up more.  

The vision we both saw so long ago has come to pass.  The vision I kept so close to my heart---even when death parted us.  His nose nestles in my hair and I can feel the bond wrap tightly around us.  

Maz was right after all these years.  "The longing you seek is not behind you..."  It is in front of me now.

She was right. I smile from the though. Slowly, I turn in the bed and roll onto my right side and face him.  His sleepy eyes wake up, as I touch my hand to his shirtless chest.  He smiles at me. 

"Good morning," he says softly kissing my forehead with a tender touch. 

"Good morning," I respond. 

My left-hand graces his cheek and runs to the back of his hair.  I play with the strands and wrap them in my fingers.  I can hear the ocean birds chirping their morning greeting. 

I look deeply into his eyes and feel the belonging I have searched for my whole life.  Thinking about everything that has led up to this point---I feel happiness, surprisingly.  

Sometimes our lives have to be completely shaken up, changed, and rearranged to relocate us to the place we are meant to be.  

After all this time, I have found my place in all of this.