Chapter 8: Hutta

"Are you ready?" Finn asks me exiting out the Republic Consular-class cruiser.

"More than you could imagine."

Our party follows out of the entrance forum and a small group of Hutt representatives approaches us---I walk with my mind guarded.  Who knows what danger awaits us here.  I scan the individuals with the Force---they are no immediate threat to us. 

"Greetings.  Welcome to Hutta," the tall green man says with a bow. 

A Republic diplomat steps forward. "Thank you for the invite," he says to the tall green man.

"Your journey was long.  We have suite's available in the royal castle.  But first, the security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us.  We require that all blasters and personal weapons be placed in our care until the bidding is over.  If you'd please," the green man says politely with a bow ushering over individuals who have plates ready for us to place our weapons on. 

There is hesitation in Poe, but he yields and hands over his blaster---Finn follows after.  I reluctantly place the pistol that Han gave me on the silver platter.  I stare with intensity at the pistol as it lays still on the platter.  Dark emotions rise in me.  I reach out to the Force to bring calm over me.  I must remain composed.

"And your saber," the green man says shakily as his hand reaches in the direction of my yellow double-bladed lightsaber.  Before he can even get close I activate my blade and stealthily aim the glowing blade's end near the skin on his long neck.

"Try to take it and I will take your head," I say sternly.  My eyes locking onto the green gentleman's stare.  He yields to my glare and retracts back to an upright stance. I can feel the darkness rising in me from my actions.  I am somewhat embarrassed by my reaction.  Nothing can get in my way of obtaining that relic.  

"My apologies!" All our eyes look past the green man and the other servants---to a purple female Twi'lek rushing towards us.

I deactivate my blade and quickly fasten it to my belt without breaking my stare at the incoming Twi'lek.  She hurries over to us and is dressed in a revealing slave outfit.  She is fitted with a gold slave collar.  The sight of the collar makes my blood boil.

"My apologies, Master Jedi.  We did not know that we'd be expecting someone like you at this bidding.  Please, keep your saber.  You will not be asked yield it again," she says reassuringly.  Her eyes glare to the green man "you are dismissed," she says harshly. 

"I'm sure, you didn't know I was coming," I smirk in my mind from my thought.

"Please, we have your suites ready," the Twi'lek says with an innocent smile as she moves her arm towards the palace entrance from the landing pad.

Poe, Finn, and the other members of our party turn to look at me for our next move. "Thank you," I say walking behind the young Twi'lek.  The other's follow closely behind me as we enter the Hutta palace.

***

The palace is extravagant, to say the least.  The Hutt's sure know how to live in luxury.  Gold statues and elaborate jeweled artwork are in overwhelming supply as we walk down the corridors to our suites.  

Using the Force, I sense the beings that scatter the halls are some of the lowest in the galaxy.  Murders, thieves, smugglers, and Hutt cartel members align the halls watching us closely---whispering to themselves.  The party remains silent as we enter a large door at the end of the hall.   As we walk inside, I'm taken aback by the beauty of this extremely large room.  Everything is golden and covered in jewels with random pelts of game kills placed aesthetically on furniture.