I kiss her on the cheek

Lucas's POV

Riley had left the table in a hurry. I could tell something was wrong.
"If I could be excused?" I asked Mrs Mathews
"Certainly Lucas" she replied

I got up from the table and walked into Riley's room.

Topenga's POV

I had just allowed Lucas from the table, someone had a guilty look on their face. Cory.
"What did you do?!" I whispered quietly to Cory so Auggie didn't hear.
Cory didn't show any signs yet I knew he was the one to blame.

Lucas's POV

Riley was curled up in a ball on her window seat. I strolled over to her and sat down beside her. We were both silent. I didn't know what to say.

Topenga's POV

"Cory. You go and say sorry to your daughter right now!" I whispered pleadingly
He placed his fork down on his plate then leans back in his chair.
"Topenga, I told her. I told her I don't want her to go.."
I interrupted him "Cory not now!" I didn't want Auggie to hear this. But Cory didn't stop!
" I told her, she's my little princess and that I don't want her growing up too fast.."
He continued with.
I interrupted again
"Auggie, why don't you go play in your room?"
Auggie nodded then got up from his chair and skipped off into the hall way. I checked Auggie was gone before I replied to Cory.
"Cory! She's not a baby any more, she needs to discover new things... And... And I think Lucas is the right person to do that with. You heard what an amazing time they had together the other weekend. Let her go."
I shut Cory up for the rest of the night, I cleaned up all the plates whilst Cory sat in the same chair staring into space.

Lucas's POV

I had nothing to say to her. I didn't know what do say, didn't know what was wrong, why she was upset. Is never seen her like this before.

All of a sudden the both of us hear footstep running across the floor. Then we see Auggie's head peer round the door frame. He skips into the room and sits between myself and Ri.
"Auggie. What's new?" I questioned the little lad
He actually came out with some pretty unexpected news.
" daddy doesn't want Riley to go to London, he doesn't want his little princess to grow up too fast. Mummy told him that Riley needs to see the world, that your the perfect person to do that with."
"Really Auggie?" I asked him.
He just looked at me with a puzzled face. Then skips off out of the room.

I slide closer to Riley. Kiss her on the cheek.
"Is that what your stressing over?" I see her slightly nod.
"If you don't want to come with me then that's fine Riley. I'll love you no matter what you chose to do!" I kiss her once more on the cheek then give her some space.