Chapter 12

I'm in my room and pulled out the paper I found

I'm in my room and pulled out the paper I found. Dad already left for work and I haven't even started on lunch for Caden and I. I unfold it and start to read.
Dear my second child,
I want to apologize, your family wants to apologize. After you left, we didn't know what to do. Our family didn't feel like a family. We all miss you so much. We would like to apologize face to face. Maybe if you'd forgive us, you can come back to New Orleans and start over. I know how much you want a family.
Sincerely,
Your dad.
I reread the letter three times before it burned to ash in my hands. It made me angry, very angry. What does be mean 'I know how much I want a family'? I already have a family now. And I cant forgive them with a snap of my fingers. And I have a dad and Its not Klaus. Klaus had his chance and lost it. I quickly clean up the ash mess and washed my hands. I made sandwiches, a fruit salad, and chips. I think thats good, I don't know. I never been on a picnic before. I grab a picnic blanket that I didn't know we had and have everything ready. To say I was excited is the truth. I noticed the time was 12:05 and I looked st the window to see him not here yet. Ok, he a little late. No big deal.

I've been waiting for two hours for Caden to show up. I called him and texted him like hundred times. He ignored me- and it hurt, badly. I changed into sweats and a baggy shirt laid in bed and cried. I felt stupid and pathetic. Why didn't he show up? Maybe he wants to reject me.
"Honey what are you doing lying around?",my mom says coming through my bedroom door.
"Being a stupid teenage girl who got her feelings hurt",I answered her. She takes a look at me face and concern shows. She walks over and sits on my bed and lays beside me.
"Want to talk about it?",mom asked.
"It's stupid",I told her.
"Oh I'm sure its not stupid as you think",mom says and I sigh.
"Caden and I decided to go out for lunch today. I got everything ready for us. He stood me up. He's not even answering his calls or texts",I told her.
"Oh honey, thats not stupid. If I were you, I'll feel just like this. Maybe he had an emergency and couldn't talk",mom assures me.
"Or maybe he found out what a freak i am and doesn't want to be near me",I told her.
"You can't think like that baby",mom tells me. I get up and start pacing the floor.
"I can't help it mom. Before I came here, I thought of nothing but negative thoughts that were true. The Mikaelsons don't love me, there just here because of guilt. I guess Caden doesn't like me",I told her.
"But baby, I think he does like you. I just think something came up and couldn't come or even text you about it. Your allowed to be mad at him though",she tells me and I nod.
"Can we not talk about this when Tony and dad aren't around?",I asked.
"Too late baby sis, that guy broke your heart so I'm gonna break his face",Tony says at my door. He just pops up everywhere, I'm used to it and so is mom.
"No Tony, you leave this alone. If Hazel wants you to step in, then she will asked you too but I think she's got it covered",mom tells Tony.
"Please leave it be Tony!",I plead with my puppy eyes. He seems to battle over it before sighing and scoffing.
"Ugh fine. But I'm still telling dad",Tony tells me and leaves the room making me chuckle.
"Caden will come around. Make him beg for forgiveness, if he likes you. He will go all out",mom tells me and I nod.
"Now c'mon kid, you're helping with dinner. Uncle Shawnie is coming for family movie night.",mom says and i smiles and nodded.