25

hey... been a while huh? it's so weird to say this but this story gonna be over soon *evil author smirk*

~~~~~~~~~~ 

I sat on the couch starring down at my feet, my broken glass and alcohol still there. the only difference this time was everyone had been rushed home and now the only people in the room were my furious brother and well- I didn't really know what to consider reg... was he my boyfriend or just a friend I didn't even know. His arm was wrapped around my waist and he gripped me with a protective fierceness... it was really cute. I held his other hand tightly my fingers intertwined with his, snuggling into his side. my eyes were focused on the bright red cherry on the ground in the midst of the glass.

James paced angrily in front of us. 

"so. how long have you two been hiding this!" 

"not long James" I was on the verge of tears "James" I looked up at him, his furious eyes met mine "I-I need him"  

"no. you don't. he's a traitor and a liar and he broke your heart. I just wanna keep you safe!" his voice was slowly getting louder and louder. 

"James, he didn't break my heart... he made me better. the only person who broke my heart was me." regulus piped in for the first time since we had sat

"I promise, I mean no harm, I-I'm joining your side I just. James. what else can I do to prove that I only want the best for Y/n" James growled a little,

"There is nothing you can do to gain my trust snake." I angrily stood.

"James! I love him! it's my life! you don't get to make all my choices for me. this is still my house! and if you can't let me be my own person then you need to get out!" he went to open his mouth to speak again but I was quicker. 

"no. James, go home. take a walk. lily will be waiting. just. fuck off for once and let me live my life" he stormed out angrily, the entire house shook when he slammed the door behind him. I sat back down and sighed frustrated, putting my head in my hands. I felt regulus hesitantly place his hand on his shoulder. I looked at him and smiled. my eyes still held onto the burning sensation as I tried to suffocate my emotions. 

"come here" he crooned sweetly opening his arms just waiting for me to jump to him, an opportunity I openly took. hugging him tightly, breathing in his familiar scent. I bit my lip to retain from crying as he rubbed my back soothing me. I sniffled a little, sleep was going to quickly take over. I looked up at him with tired red eyes,

"I love you" His face was absolutely giddy,

"I love you too my darling angel" I smiled and relaxed in his arms, thankful to have him back, my saviour. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in my bed alone. how had I gotten there? and where was reg? I looked around and saw a hastily scrawled note on my dresser 

hello my love, 

I know that when you read this I will be gone, don't worry I just had to return home before I caught suspicion. I'll return to see you again soon darling, don't fret. I hope James will be more accepting at that point. 

Regulus 

a smile crept its way onto my face as I put the note back on my dresser and rummaged through the records humming slightly. I poped in an Elton john record and sang along as I showered. I dried myself off and wrapped the towel around me, singing to tiny dancer as I dressed. I walked downstairs to find Sirius already at the table waiting.

"sorry pads" 

"it's all good mids" I sat next to him and grabbed a couple of strawberries, Sirius had on that smug smirk.

"sooooo, you and reg do anything last night" I glared at him playfully,

"We both know reg is way too loud to do anything with you around" he snickered. 

"that he is" we ate in comfortable silence, the mellowed out music constantly playing throughout the house filled the room. my plate was almost clean when I heard the doorbell ring. I was slightly confused as to who the hell would be coming to see us at 10 AM. I looked at Sirius who had a similar expression etched on his face. we both stood and walked to the door. I slowly opened it.

what I found wasn't exactly a pleasant sight. not only my brother who was angry with me. his insufferable wife. not ONLY that too. they brought the child to ruin my house. I growled a little,

"James." 

"Y/n look, just let me apologize first before you bite my head off, I overreacted, a lot. your right, it's your life and you get to make those choices, its not my place, and I'm truly sorry. I think the thing that really set me off was when I subconsciously realized that he really loves you and you really love him and that your no longer my lil sis a-and I don't get t-to take c-care of you anymore. y-your all grown up" at this point he was crying his eyes out and sobbing, I was close

"Oh for fuck's sake hug me before I ruin my makeup" I pulled him into a tight hug nuzzling into his shoulder. Sirius always the dramatic bitch faked a sob

"group hug" he hugged both of us... or tried to, he was too damn short (btw I'm using the book heights so Remus is absurdly tall and Sirius is short)I giggled a little and pulled away. Lily stood in the doorway awkwardly holding harry. I looked at James and smiled. 

everything was going to be just fine.