12

I sat up in my bed, sweating heavily, breathless. The memories replayed in my mind, Falling, Slipping off my broom, the rush of free-falling. my body hitting the water. Sinking, uncontrollable, suffocating. the water around me pushed on my chest as I sunk to the bottom, never once thinking about even trying to swim up. 

I placed my head in my hands as I began to hyperventilate, I glanced at my pocket watch, placed on my bedside table, it was ten after three in the morning. great, just great, there's no way in hell I was gonna be able to sleep now. I fell onto the bed, wincing as I hit the paper-thin mattress. I wanted out of this insufferable hell. so I waited, and waited, did I mention I waited? I sat unmoving for four hours as soon as the clock struck seven Madam Pomfrey came to check on me,

"morning dear, how are you feeling"

"tired but okay I guess" I shrugged, she passed me four potions to drink. I drank them as fast as I could followed by a large glass of water to rid the taste. I gagged for a while after at the lingering taste in my mouth. 

like clockwork, madam Pomfrey came around at 8 to give me my clothes and take my empty vials. I immediately darted to the bathroom, this would be the first shower I've had in a week and a half. I jumped into the shower but immediately jumped as the burning hot water hit my sensitive skin. I washed and changed, next was makeup. I put on my usual black lipstick, did a black to red ombre eyeshadow and put on some eyeliner. I blow-dried and straightened my hair.

 today was a Saturday, which meant Hogsmeade, Sirius and James had promised to take me out to go shopping for a dress, why? well apparently while I was out Dumbledore had decided to announce a ball. *eye roll* I didn't mind the idea and I would enjoy it, it's just that it was a week away and I still needed a date.

apparently word had spread like wildfire that I was now single and up for grabs, and well I wasn't sure, I knew there were gonna be tons of guys -and girls- lining up to ask me but I kinda wanted to go by myself, just enjoy the night. unless someone I really wanted to go with asked me, but I wasn't gonna waste my effort on asking anyone, you catching my drift? 

I ran out wearing my matte black new leather jacket, high heeled -almost stilettoed- combat boots a nirvana shirt and black skinny jeans. when I returned to my temporary living space I was met with an impatient looking James and Sirius. 

"you took an hour and a half to get ready. a bloody hour and a half" James shouted, looking exasperated.

"really? wow, that's faster than I thought" I spoke mostly to myself

"fast! it was anything but that" Sirius complained, I pulled the shorter boy into a headlock,

"oh stop your whining you mangy mutt" 

I quickly dropped off my things in my room and ran outside to meet them. my high heels hit the frozen ground repeatedly as we walked. on our way down we cracked jokes about teachers and students. I missed this. considering I didn't speak with any of the boys last year or for the majority of the summer, being okay with them now was such a relief, even if it means I lost my other friends and boyfriend. I would give up the world for them. 

"you guys got the map to work!?"

"yeah it was awesome, guaranteed Remus is the only smart one, so he did most of the work," James said, pushing up his fog coated glasses. I gasped pretending to be deeply offended,

"Are you calling me dumb!?"

"I would never your highness" Sirius joked and fake bowed in front of me I just smirked and muttered,

"your damn right" we all burst into laughter and walked into the first little shop of dread. 

we ran around for two bloody hours grabbing any dress I liked, then spent another hour trying them on. at this point, I was exhausted. but we finally picked one and I loved it.

it was the perfect amount of cute and sexy but also goth

it was the perfect amount of cute and sexy but also goth. It was amazing, the best part was, James, offered to pay for me, I could've easily paid for it myself, the additions of our rich pureblood family. he didn't even give me a chance to deny him before he passed the money over. 

next was shoes, I knew I wanted really high heels. the whole time we were in the store Sirius was squealing like a five-year-old jacked up on sugar. every time I rolled my eyes farther and farther back into my head. we spent an hour in the store, James looked brain dead by the end. I had decided to buy a simple pair of black heels,

I had jewelry already so that was that, all three of us collapsed in the nearest booth of the three broomsticks

I had jewelry already so that was that, all three of us collapsed in the nearest booth of the three broomsticks. I groaned loudly disturbing everyone around us. the waitress came over and awkwardly asked if we were ready to order, I was laying down on my chair half off of it, Sirius and James were in similar positions of their own. we all just groaned.

"can you just get us three butterbeers" I groaned, clearly distraught, she nodded and left quickly walking to the bar. 

"that was absolutely exhausting" Sirius groaned as he sat up. 

"agreed" 

"so, do either of you guys have dates?"

"Nope," James said sadly,

"I don't but you know I get asked by at least ten different girls a day, but I got my eye on a certain someone" I rolled my eyes,

"who are you fucking this week?" 

"I'm not fucking him yet but I hope to be soon" he smirked, James and I looked at each other, 

"him?" James asked,

"yeah," he just shrugged and brushed it off, whatever I mean it's his choice after all ain't it. 

now my only problem was finding a date of my own.