Chapter 2

"Oh, Dazai-kun." Mori was sipping in his tea when Dazai came in walking towards him.

"How rare of you to come visit."

"Boss." Dazai stopped in his tracks then directed to Mori.

"I'd like to request a permission to organize a gifted squad to save Odasaku." The brunette suggested.

"Very well. Permission granted. But first, why? " With no hesitations, Mori agreed in an instant.

"Odasaku is currently doing reconnaissance in full force by himself at Mimic headquarters. If we do nothing, he will die and we will lose a valuable gifted agent."

"I understand your reasoning. But I doubt Oda-kun wants to be saved by anyone. What do you think about that?" Dazai was just silent, still standing, listening to his boss who continued talking.

"Dazai-kun, the leader is the pinnacle of an organization and, at the same time, he is it's slave. The leader must be more than willing to commit any atrocity in order to ensure the organization's survival." Carrying on with his statement, Mori took out a certain black envelope that even Dazai himself knows so well.

With the brunette's eyes reacting as realization came in. He turned around attempting to leave however he stopped seeing Mori's men aiming their guns towards him and with the boss asking where is he going.

Dazai turned back to his boss explaining everything he had taken into realization and once more turning his back to take his leave.

"Dazai-kun." Mori stated, staring at the brunette's back with menace and enough authority yet again with his subordinates holding their gun towards the said man.

"You need to stay here. Or is there a logical reason why you should go to him?"

"There are two things I wish to say to you, boss. First, you won't shoot me nor will you have your subordinates shoot me."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because you have nothing to gain from it." Dazai said with certainty flowing in his words.

"I believe you also have nothing to gain in defying me and going to him."

"As for the second thing, Boss. There may be nothing to gain by my actions, but there is one reason why I will still go." Dazai made a turn towards Mori with utmost sincerity in his voice.

"It's because he is a friend." He formed a smile on his lips then left to go to Odasaku.

NAKAHARA CHUUYA

"It's because he is a friend." Last Name was all along there beside the wall, meters away from the conversing mafias. She overheard everything right at the start when Dazai came in.

"Odasaku." Tears are attempting to flow out her eyes and she immediately went back to her room.

Just a few days ago when Odasuku came to visit Dazai's office, she felt something worst will happen with someone dying. It's not like it's her ability but her instinct is quite sharp and she often experience tendencies that give her a tad bit of feeling that someone will die. Yes just someone dying, nothing more.

"So it's Odasaku. I should've known." At this moment Odasaku might still be fighting against the leader of Mimic however Last Name was already in grieve. Odasaku is after all one of those people she met that she considers as a friend. Both share ideals on matters that exist in this world. Both dislike killings and look forward to living a life that bloodshed will no longer be a daily thing. Odasaku had taught a lot of wisdom to Last Name that she certainly lives up to, up until this moment and then on. That very first meeting they had after a month was their last one as Last Name realizes it.