Surprises

Betaed by kyla713

How was I going to get downstairs without Charlie noticing my predicament? Fuck! I heard Bella calling out my name from the tiny speaker in my phone.

I picked up and nearly growled at her—she was laughing.

"Did you just…?"

"What the hell do you think?" I managed to grab a towel and clean up as best as I could.

Then Bella moaned. Jesus H fuckity Christ, was she trying to kill me? The woman didn't need to a license to fucking kill, because all those little sounds she made would drive any man insane.

"I wish I was there with you," her tone was breathy and had me gripping the vanity in an attempt to keep my knees from buckling. "It wasn't my intention, you know. I just thought since we both decided to wait, that we could at least explore some of the things we've done already. That's why I wanted you to bring it."

The thought of her hands on me again had my cock twitching. "I wish you were here with me, too."

"I've never done anything like this before," she whispered, the vulnerability I witnessed before was in her voice again.

"What's that? Drive a man insane?" I teased because I knew I had to keep it light, to lift her out of that state of mind. The small place that made her think she was unlovable.

"Is that what I'm doing?" I could hear the taunt in her tone and it did nothing to dispel my growing erection.

"Bella," I said in a slight growl. "Your father's downstairs, and in a few minutes, he's expecting me to go down there."

"And you've got a little mess in your pants," she said, trying to contain her giggles.

"I'm hanging up now." I wouldn't because I'm a freaking gentlemen—Dev was cracking up at that—and I didn't want to piss Bella off either.

"Wait!" she said loudly. I sighed to let her know I was still listening. "It's a good thing I put your boxers and jeans you wore yesterday in the dryer this morning."

"Oh, thank fuck," I groaned. "Did you need anything else before I head out?"

"Thank you," she whispered.

"For what?" I made my way to the upstairs laundry closet, and found my clothes in the dryer.

"For putting up with me."

I snorted and the silence that followed told me she was serious. "It was a lot to handle, but as long as you're there with me, I'm willing to stick around. Believe me, you're worth it."

"You know just what to say, thanks."

"Anytime," I replied. "Now finish what you have to do and we'll see each other later."

"Can't wait."

"Neither can I."

Once I made it downstairs, Charlie had Bella's house swarming with a cleaning crew, which meant he was preoccupied. It was a good thing for me, because he wouldn't notice that I had changed my jeans. Plus, I did not need to know what the hell was staining the dining room flooring. I decided to leave that for the professionals.

Bella texted me to take her truck since I didn't have a car with me. Grabbing her keys and a bottled water, I made my way toward the front door. I had my hand on the knob and was internally fist pumping that I was going to get away. Then a hand clasped my shoulder. Fuck.

Angel genuflected and started to pray. Dev was sporting a Kevlar vest and had a bazooka strapped to his back. He seemed to favor that particular weapon for some reason; the logo on the side was P.B.& D.K. I had no idea what that meant.