The Purse

I DONT OWN TWILIGHT AND THE ORIGINAL STORIE BELONGS TO ericastwilight

Edward

I couldn't believe I was doing this. What the fuck had possessed me to listen to those two assholes?

What should've have been a harmless prank turned ugly when they got the bills to fix the paint and door damage to their cars.

Jasper's head had looked like it was going to explode as I'd watched him try to get into his Dodge Ram.

My buddy Jacob, metal sculpture extraordinaire, had sat and watched with me, his arc welder cooling in the trunk.

Now, when Emmett had realized he couldn't get into his Jeep, he had just broken his window and shoved himself into the driver seat. He had driven away like it was any other day.

Their form of revenge was always best served cold. I had been looking over my shoulder for weeks, waiting.

And then they gave me a choice – pay up, or else.

Don't get me wrong, my father Edward Senior would've given me the money, but it was the principle of the thing. He would have given me the lecture that started with the familiar "You dug yourself into a hole…" blah, blah, blah. He was a good man, but lectures sucked. Since I was on a budget, there was no way I could afford to give the two pains in my ass the money.

Would it be worth the humiliation? Hmm, let's see, beg my father for the money and explain to him what I had done or take the dare. It was a no brainer – dare.

Unfortunately, the two choices for the dare were...

They were both so fucking wrong. What the hell? They'd known I would never take Emmett's suggestion. Just the thought of it made me shudder.

Ugh.

I pulled up my hood of my dark blue jacket. I tugged nervously on my cuffs before putting my sunglasses on.

Here goes nothing.

I kept "my target" in my peripheral vision while I made my way across the street. I stood on the sidewalk and threw a cautious look over my shoulder as I watched the woman Emmett and Jasper had picked.

Damn, she was beautiful. She had long dark hair, an ass to die for clad in skinny jeans and fuck me boots.

Fuckers knew I'd always preferred brunettes.

Mystery woman turned slightly, giving me a glance at her face and rack. Fuck me, full pouty pink lips, C cups, and she was wearing a SU t-shirt. Great, now I was risking bumping into her at school. I clenched my fists at my sides, wondering if I should even go through with this.

Then I remembered what I would have to do if I didn't.

I was screwed.

I walked a little further away from the mystery woman with the lovely ass. I ducked behind a blue, red and white column, watching her as she stopped in front of the book store.

I moved quickly and hid behind another column; for some reason the song from Mission Impossible was in my head, and I couldn't help but hum along.

I looked behind me to see to make sure that no one was aware of what I was about to do. I looked for anyone of the typical "neighborhood watchman" type and didn't spot anyone. Good thing that I was new in town, because if my mother got wind of what I was about to do…

I shuddered and quickly ran behind a big purple mailbox. The mystery woman tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and suddenly started to bite her lip.