Chapter Twelve

A/N:

It has been a while, I know, but I promised a reader that I would have the next chapter up by this Friday. I have been so busy with papers and exam studying. I just finished an argumentative paper on Ebola. I am very proud of this paper. It had to be a minimum of 2400 words. I have 3,007 words :D. I’ll post it on here if anyone would want to read it. Also, I just finished my 3rd semester in college and now I am home for winter break. That means working every day. Well, enjoy this chapter. It is long overdue.

Christine Travis, this is for you doll :)

CHAPTER 12: Maggie’s POV

                A couple day’s had passed since my incident with Matthew in my living room, I hadn’t seen him since then either. The incident where we almost kissed. I wanted it, correction, I wanted him. Right then and there. I could easily have made that happen too.

On other notes, today was my first day working at the theatre. They were having auditions for a summer musical, The Sound of Music, which was one of many they’d have this summer.I would graciously accept whatever part they felt was right for me, but I’d be a fool to not audition for the leading lady, Maria Von Trapp. I had already played her in college, so that may work to my advantage. Maybe if I got it, I could have Matthew attend one of the performances. I can only hope he would be a little jealous of me being in another man’s arms, even if it was just acting. I could use this for my advantage.

It was a quarter to eight when I woke up, my audition was in three hours. I quickly showered and shaved. I dried my long brunette hair. It wasn’t as long as I used to have it in high school. Too much up keep, so, I don’t let it get past a few inches below my shoulder blades. I decided to pull my hair in a simple, low bun.

 I kept my make-up light and neutral. A coat or two or mascara and a light berry colored lip that was a shade darker than my natural color. My blush was just a natural berry as well, just to add a tad bit of color to my pale complexion.

I decided to wear a simple black skater skirt with a crème colored blouse, with pale peach flats. This was all part of my plan to appear as simple as the character Maria could. It helped for the directors to see you as that character. If you looked the part, you were the part.

I left my apartment an hour before my audition. The theatre was only a ten minute walk away, which was good for me. It was a beautiful summer day. The end of May was always amazing in Alexander. I pushed away the thoughts of what happened six years ago. It happened six year ago in two days. And I’d much rather think about the weather and my career, and my secret plot for revenge.

I entered the theatre to find many inside. I assumed that they all worked here as well. I clocked in, as instructed, and then took my audition number and packet and patiently awaited my turn. Until then, I sat in the theatre seating looking at the stage, watching performers audition. This was a public audition to those auditioning. A little over an hour later I was called upon stage. They paired me with a male auditioning for the male lead.