Chapter Seven

Author’s Note:

Hey guys,

I know it’s been a bit since an update, but I am a college student. I had a few papers to do. But now the storm has passed and I can get back to writing. Enjoy the chapter.

Chapter Seven

MAGGIE’S POV

I was asked if it gets easier with time, it does but it doesn’t. Every year that has passed since their deaths has either been easy or difficult. The first year was very hard, I cried all day. But the next year, it got a little easier. Last year was hard though, I just had a difficult time accepting that half a decade had already passed. I moved away after the trial. It was just too difficult to live in Alexander. Everyone looked at me with pity. I couldn’t focus in school. And to know that all that bastard got was life in prison. He deserved death. It was just too hard. So, I went to live with my dad’s mother in Georgia. Now six years and a college degree later, I am returning to Alexander City. I’ve received a position at the theatre here. The degree I received was a bachelors in the fine arts of musical theatre. Today, I am finally moving back to the city and no one knows yet. I’ve decided to surprise Uncle Alex and everyone at the station.

I stood before the familiar police station nervous as hell. I don’t even know if they’ll recognize me. After all, I am now twenty-two. My hair isn’t as long as it used to be. Now it sits just below my shoulder blades. I wore a black pencil skirt and a sheer blue blouse with a navy colored lace camisole underneath. I paired the outfit with a set black pumps. As I walked up the stairs, I got the sense that maybe this was a bad idea, but I sucked it up. I can’t be a chicken anymore. I walked through the front door to the front desk. Sitting at the desk was little ole’ Miss Janie. I couldn’t believe she was still working here. I caught her eye as I approached her.

She gasped. “Maggie!” Her face lit up in a smile.

“Yes, Miss Janie, it’s me.” I smiled back

She got up from the desk and made her way around and hugged me. “I thought I’d never see you again. Now look at you, you’re all grown up.”

“I know, I’m sorry I never visited, but I’ve got a huge surprise. I just moved back permanently.” I told her.

Her eyes lit up “Aw that is wonderful.”

Before the conversation could be side tracked any further I asked “Is Uncle Alex still working here?”

“Yes, actually he is in his office. Want me to let you in back there?” She asked.

“That would be awesome if you could!” I said

She handed me a visitor pass and told me to head back.