Chapter Eleven

Authors Note:

Here is the new, revised chapter 11. Like the old one, it will be in Maggie’s POV.

MAGGIE’S POV

I packed up my many knives and weapons of torture. If I was going to put my plan in action, I’ll need to gain access to files. These files were on who was dead, alive, in prison, or not in prison. Who might you ask? Well, the members of the gang that the man who murdered my parents was involved in. If you thought I sat on my ass and twiddled my thumbs over the last six years, you were so wrong. I learned how defend myself. I took all the self-defense classes I could, and also, I studied the anatomy of the human body heavily. If I intended on killing someone, then I wanted to do it right. Also, I wanted to do it the most painful and possibly mess-free way.

The next thing on my to-do list was to find a way to get a list of people in the gang. How fortunate was I to be living next to a police detective as well as being the non-related niece of a lieutenant who just so happened to be my neighbors partner. If I was going to achieve my goal and retrieve my revenge, then I had to get Detective Holden wrapped around my finger.

Another day passed and then around midnight I heard a knock on my door. To my surprise, it was Matthew. I smiled, maybe my plan was going to go quicker than expected.

He held out the container. “Here you go, I felt like I should return it now or else I’d forget about it and you’d never get it back.”

“Oh, thank you, and I don’t think I’d let you forget it. Was the chicken good?” I asked as I took it from him.

“It was delicious, the best things I’ve eaten in a while, thank you so much.” he told me

“Great!” I said joyously “I can cook for you whenever. After all, you deserve it.”

“I think I’ll take you up on that offer.” He accepted with a smile

Good I thought

“And I want to apologize on running out on you last night.” He said again

“Oh, its fine, I had some things to tend to. And plus, things got kind of weird due to me. So, it’s understandable.” I said trying to put the blame on myself.

“No, I made things weird, it’s not your fault.” He apologized again. It was my fault but I let it slide.

I saw him smile once more. His smile could get him any women he’d ever want. Why was he single?

“Well, it is quite late, and I’ve got another long day ahead of me. Goodnight Maggie.” I heard him saying as he began to leave, but I stopped him.

“Wait, Matthew!” I called out

He turned back around “Yeah?”