Chapter Eight

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Due to the fact that the last chapter was short, I decided to write the next chapter immediately and I am hoping to have had this up relatively quickly too. So, I hope you enjoy.

Chapter Eight

MAGGIE’S POV

I carried yet another heavy box up three flights of stairs. The elevator in the building was temporarily unavailable as it needed repairs. My best friend Katie and her boyfriend Max helped me move my things into my new two bedroom apartment. I had quite a bit of money saved up from my mom and dad. Everything was left to me. The house, the cars, their savings, life insurance policies, literally everything. I sold the house, as I couldn’t even handle looking at it. That brought in a bit of money. I sold my dad’s car and mine, but kept my mom’s. I put all the money up in the bank and only used it to help me pay for college, and now my apartment.

So far it was just Katie and I moving things in, Max hadn’t arrived yet. I set the box I was carrying into the living room. I had the furniture brought up the day before and placed where I wanted it. At least that was out of the way.

“Hey, Max is here! He just sent me a text.” Katie yelled from the kitchen.

“Ok, I’ll head down and unlock the moving truck and have him start helping bring up some boxes.” I told her.

“Ok, I’m gonna start unpacking some of the things in the kitchen cause it is getting a bit cramped, we need to get rid of some of the boxes.” She told me.

“Alrighty, be back up in a jif.” I said as I walked out of the front door. I eyed apartment 306 as I made my way downstairs.

I met Max outside the building and we walked to the van “Thank you so much for helping me!” I said to him.

“No problem, plus you’re helping me out too, my brother lives here and I’m hoping to see him for a little later on.” He told me.

“That’s good. I didn’t know you were from here.” I replied in surprise of the new information about him.

“I’m not, actually my family lives an hour away, but my brother moved here when he was eighteen.” He told me.

“Oh, well, it’s good that maybe you’ll get to see him.” I replied.

We made our way up to the third floor with some boxes, luckily there wasn’t too many left to carry up.

“Hey, you live two doors down from my brother.” Max spoke up in surprise.

“What?” I asked quickly, hoping that his brother wasn’t who I thought it was.

“Yeah, in 306, my brother lives there.” He said