suzie do you copy pt.2

Dustin walked out into the living room, chasing his toys. I used my powers to stop the figures. We snuck up behind Dustin with the banner and the noisemakers. Max counted us down. We blew into the noisemakers as Dustin swiftly turned around, spraying Lucas in the eyes with his hair spray.

"I call it... the forever clock. All right? Powered by wind. Very useful in the apocalypse. Then, I give you... the slammer. Pretty neat, huh?" Dustin chuckles as he shows us various creations of his, I hold on to Mike's arm. "But this... this is my masterpiece." Dustin grunts, slamming the duffel bag down. "I would like you to meet... Cerebro," Dustin boasts. "What exactly are we looking at here?" Mike asks. "An unassembled one-of-a-kind battery-powered radio tower," Dustin bubbled. "So, it's a... a ham radio," Will asks. "The Cadillac of ham radios. This baby carries a crystal-clear connection over vast distances. I'm talking North Pole to South. I can talk to my girlfriend whenever and wherever I choose," Dustin explains casually. "Girlfriend?" We all question. "Wait, so her name is Suzie?" Mike asks. "Suzie with a "z." She's from Utah," Dustin adds. "Girls go to science camp?" Will questions. "Suzie does. She's a genius," Dustin brags. "Is she cute?" Mike asks. "Think Phoebe Cates, only hotter," Dustin smirks. "What's going on?" Max asks. "Going to talk to Dustin's girlfriend," Will smiles. "Girlfriend?" Lucas and Max ask.

"Aren't we high enough?" Lucas questions. "Cerebro works best at a hundred meters," Dustin explains. "You know, I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones," Max adds. "Yeah, but Suzie's Mormon," Dustin continues. "Oh, shit. She doesn't have electricity?" Lucas asks. "Oh, that's the Amish," Max corrects. Mike and I stayed back, getting ready to leave "Hey, guys!" Mike calls. They turn around to face us. "This is fun and all, but, uh..." Mike began. "I have to go home," I explain "We're almost there," Dustin cuts in. "Sorry, man. Curfew. Come on, let's go," Mike exclaimed. We run down the hill as Mike holds my hand, I almost trip.

time skip

Mike and I get back to my house. I insert the cassette, turning the music on before walking back to Mike. He slowly leans in, I do the same. As soon as the kiss deepens, Hopper knocks. "Hey," Hopper shouts. I pull away. "Yes?" I question. "Can I talk to you guys a minute?" Hopper asks. Mike groans as I open the door, finding a different position on the bed. "Hi," Hopper blurts. "Hi," Mike and I reply. Hopper pulled out a chair, sitting across from us. We stare at Hop as he turns off the music. "Um... What I, uh... needed to say to you... What I wanted to say to you... Is that, um..." Hopper started. "Uh-oh. I think we're in trouble," Mike smirked, I giggle. "No. No, nobody's in trouble, okay? I just, um..." Hopper continued. Mike leaned in, "When this is over let's pick up where we left off," Mike whispered in my ear, I laugh and blush. "You know what? Your mom called" Hopper blurt. "What?" Mike asks. "Yeah. She needs you home right away," Hopper mutters. "Is everything okay?" Mike quizzes. "No, I don't think so. It's your grandma," Hopper added. I look at Mike, my eyes widen. Hopper walks Mike out of the house. I plop down onto my bed.

Mike's pov

"Is she dead?" I ask. "No," Hop replied. "Did she fall again?" I quiz. "No," Hop exclaimed. "Does she have cancer?" I question. "No," Hopper groaned. "Then I don't understand. What's wrong with Nana?" I ask as we get into the car. "Nothing! There's nothing wrong with Nana!" Hopper yelled. "What?" I ask. "But... there's something very wrong with this between you and Y/n," he grunted. "Oh, you lying piece of shit!" I retort. I try and open the door to get out, but he locks it. I try to pull up on the lock, but he kept locking it. "You're crazy!" I yell. "Crazy? You want to see real crazy? You disrespect me again. Okay? Here's what's gonna happen. I'm gonna drive you home. And I'm gonna speak... and you're going to listen. And then, maybe... maybe by the end of it, maybe if you're lucky, maybe... I will continue to allow you to date my daughter. Nod if you understand!" Hopper scolds. I nod. As Hopper began to drive away, I look back to the house. "God, I love her so much. You know that?" Hopper asks. "Yes, sir," I nod. The rest of the ride was silent.