the mindflayer

Mike's pov

The alarm started blaring. "We're too late," I blurt. "What?" Bill asked. "We're too late!" I yell. I run back into Will's room. "What's going on?" Mrs. Byers asked. "We're under attack," I explain. "We need to make Will sleep," I explain, grabbing the needle. "What?" Joyce asks. "He's a spy. If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster," I continue. "He's lying!" Will yells. "He killed those soldiers. He'll kill us, too!" I defend. "He's lying! He's lying! He's lying! He's lying! He's lying!" Will screamed. "Those are gunshots!" Bob announces. "Hold him down," Joyce demanded. Joyce sticks the needle into Will before he passes out. "We gotta go. We gotta go," Hopper pants. We run into another room because we were cornered off. We look at the security cameras and see the Demogorgon dogs everywhere. The lights flickered before all the power went off. Hopper was about to go down to the basement, but Bob insisted he went since he's the only one that knows BASIC, which is our key to getting out of here.

time skip

We snuck out of the room, Hopper held Will. We made it out to the lobby, running out of the front doors. A couple of minutes later, Hopper practically drags a crying Mrs. Byers out of the lab."What happened?" I scream. I see a car pull up. "Come on! Get in!" Jonathan shouts. I run to the car, getting in as quickly as possible.

time skip

"They didn't believe you? Did they?" Dustin asked Hopper. "We'll see," he exclaims. "We'll see"? We can't just sit here while those things are loose!" I shout. "We stay here, and we wait for help," Hopper scolded.

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" I ask. "Really?" Lucas replied. "He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fund-raiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?" I explain. "Yeah," Dustin and Lucas reply in sync. "We can't let him die in vain," I blurt. "Well, what do you want to do, Mike? The chief's right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own," Dustin explained. "Demo-dogs?" Max repeat. "Demogorgon dogs. Demo-dogs. It's like a compound. It's like a play on words--" Dustin started. "Okay," Max scoffed. "I mean, when it was just Dart, maybe..." Dustin began. "But there's an army now," Lucas added. "His army," I blurt. "What do you mean?" Steve asked. "His army. Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army, too," I explain, grabbing Will's drawing. "The shadow monster," Dustin pointed. "It got Will that day on the field. The doctor said it was like a virus, it infected him," I continue. "And so this virus, it's connecting him to the tunnels?" Max asked. "To the tunnels, monsters, the Upside Down, everything," I babble. "Whoa. Slow down. Slow down," Steve begged. "Okay, so, the shadow monster's inside everything. And if the vines feel something like pain, then so does Will," I explain. "And so does Dart," Lucas added. "Yeah. It's like Mr. Clarke taught us. The hive mind," I connect. "Hive mind?" Steve quizzes. "A collective consciousness. It's a super-organism," Dustin explains. "And this is the thing that controls everything. It's the brain," I continue. "Like the mind flayer," Dustin blurt. Lucas and I looked to him, and Lucas snapped. "The what?" Steve and Max ask together.

Dustin slammed his D&D guide down. "The mind flayer." Dustin began. "What the hell is that?" Hopper asked. "It's a monster from an unknown dimension. It's so ancient that it doesn't even know its true home. Okay, it enslaves races of other dimensions by taking over their brains using its highly-developed psionic powers," Dustin went on. "Oh, my God, none of this is real. This is a kids' game," Hopper groans. "No, it's a manual. And it's not for kids. And unless you know something that we don't, this is the best metaphor--" Dustin shouted. "Analogy," Lucas corrected. "Analogy? That's what you're worried about? Fine. An analogy for understanding whatever the hell this is," Dustin finished. "Okay, so this mind flamer thing--" Nancy started. "Flayer. Mind flayer," Dustin fixes. "What does it want?" Nancy sighs. "To conquer us, basically. It believes it's the master race," Dustin explains. "Like the Germans?" Steve asks. "Uh, the Nazis?" Dustin scoffs. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Nazis," Steve adds. "Uh... If the Nazis were from another dimension, totally. Uh, it views other races, like us, as inferior to itself," Dustin explains. "It wants to spread, take over other dimensions," I continue. "We are talking about the deconstruction of our world as we know it," Lucas announces.

time skip bc I'm still La-Z

"Do you remember the first day that we met? It was... It was the first day of kindergarten. I knew nobody. I had no friends and... I just felt so alone and so scared, but... I saw you on the swings, and you were alone, too. You were just swinging by yourself. And I just walked up to you and... I asked. I asked if you wanted to be my friend. And you said yes. You said yes. It was the best thing I've ever done," I cried. "Let me go," Will demanded. Hopper then realized something. We storm back into the house. "I think he's talking, just not with words," Hopper explained. "What is that?" Steve asked. "Morse code," Everyone replies. "Will's still in there. He's talking to us," Hopper finished.

I talked to Will about the time he saved the whole party by casting Fog Cloud.

We untied Will, running into the house as quick as possible. "Hey. Hey, get away from the windows!" Hopper scolds. We all stood in the middle of the living room, armed. "Where are they?" Max asked.

Your pov

I had a small celebration for myself because I gained telekinesis. I remember in the lab when El told me how I could learn it. I decided I've had enough of sitting around. I left the house, running to Will's. As I arrive at the house, I see some kind of Demogorgon hybrid. I use my new powers to kill all of them, sending one flying into the window. Then, I use my powers to unlock and open the door. I step inside slowly, guns were aimed at me.

Mike's pov

The door to the house unlocked by itself before it opened. We all look to see y/n. As everyone saw it was her, we put our weapons down. I step out from behind the group, my eyes watering. She looks up at me, she's crying, too. She smiles, making me smile as well.