the monster

El and I walked to a grocery store. El went inside as I stayed outside, waiting for her. El used her powers to close the doors in the man's face before we run into the forest.

We heard screaming, so we followed the sounds. We were lead to the quarry. We watched as Mike and Dustin got attacked by the mouth breathers from earlier. Mike jumped off the edge of the cliff, and before he could jump, I used my powers to stop him from moving. Mike looked over at us as we walked closer to the group. Then, I used my powers to convince the boy named James to break Troy's arm. He screamed, dropping his knife. "You broke my arm! My arm!" He yelled. "Go," I order. The two ran away as Dustin called after them. "Yeah, that's right. You better run! They're our friends, and they're crazy! You come back here, and they'll kill you! You hear me? They'll kill you, you sons of bitches!" Dustin yelled. My energy drained as I collapsed to the ground.

FLASHBACK

I lay on a bed in the lab. I had failed an experiment and passed out. I wasn't as strong as they needed me to be. And Papa was not happy about that.

FLASHBACK OVER

"Y/n, are you okay? Y/n?" Mike asked, pulling me from my memory. I begin to cry. "Mike... I'm sorry," I sob. "Sorry? What are you sorry for?" Mike smiles. "The gate... I helped open it. I'm the monster," I cry. "No. No, y/n, you're not the monster. You saved me. Do you understand? You saved me," Mike reassured me. Mike lifted me up before hugging me, Dustin and El joining as well. The four of us walked back to Mike's house. Mike and Dustin drop their bikes by the door to the basement as we head inside.