the bite

"He said he was building something. That it was all for me," I exclaim, my voice raspy. "Building something... Is he talking about the Flayed?" Max asks. "So, he's building an army, just like we thought," Lucas exclaims as he paces back and forth. "Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike starts, "He's building it to stop y/n." Will continues. "Last year, Y/n closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off," Mike explains. "Like, royally," Lucas adds. "And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way--" Mike starts. "-Game over." Lucas continues. "He also said he was gonna kill all of you," I say. "Yeah, well, that's nice," Max exclaims sarcastically.

Nancy walks towards the window, "Do you guys hear that?" She asks. "It's just the fireworks," Jonathan reassures her. "Billy... When he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Nancy asks, and I nod.

"He knows we're here," Will exclaims. We run outside and see trees rustling. We see the Mind Flayer breaking down trees. We run back inside. Mike and I board up the windows with a bench while the others do what they need to do to get ready. "Yeah, that's good like that," Mike exclaims. "Hey, get away from the windows," Nancy demands.

very mini time skip

"It's close," Will exclaims. I can hear branches snapping in the distance. All of a sudden, the rumbling stops. "Where'd it go?" Max asks.

It was quiet. Too quiet.

The creature breaks through the wall and tries to grab onto me. Jonathan cuts it with an ax, but It flung him into a wall. It goes after him, but Nancy shoots it. It was about to eat Nancy. I use my powers to restrain it. All of a sudden, another claw popped through the other side of the wall. I use my powers on that too. I bring my arms together, making the Mind Flayer's tentacles snap.

Another claw comes through the roof and grabs my ankle, pulling me up. Mike quickly grabs my wrist, but it pulled him up with me. Mike pulled harder, and soon the others join in. "Nancy, shoot it," Jonathan yells. Nancy shot the creature a couple of times, but it didn't do anything. "Come on! Lucas!" Max yells. Lucas takes the ax and starts chopping at the monster. Lucas made one last cut, and the Mind Flayer's tentacle that was pulling me up got separated from its mouth.

I landed on Mike, "Y/n, Y/n/n, are you okay?" Mike asks, he sees part of the creature still attached to my ankle, he pulls it off, and I scream in pain. I slowly stand up. I use my powers to make the Mind Flayer explode for now, giving us time to escape. Mike carries me as we run to Nancy's car. "Drive! Drive!" Mike shouts.

As the glass shattered, we enter the store, I lost a lot of blood and was on the verge of passing out, so Mike had to carry me. "Okay, get her down." Nancy orders. Mike carefully sets me down on the ground. "Okay. Lemme see." Nancy pulls up my pant leg, and I groan in pain. "Oh shit," Mike whispers. "What--what--Hey, what are you doing?" Max asks. "I'm cleaning the wound," Nancy replies. "No, first, we need to stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage. I skateboard. Trust me." Max explains. "Mike, hold this." Max orders as Mike holds down a napkin against the wound. "Keep the pressure on it, nice and firm, okay?" Max says as Mike holds my hand. "We're gonna need water, soap," Max tells Nancy and Jonathan, who get up and go find the water and soap. Lucas empties his backpack, "Does any of this help?" he asks. "No. Go get me a washcloth and a bowl." Max orders. "A bowl?" Lucas questions. "Lucas." Max grunts.

mini time skip

"Does that hurt?" Mike asks me as he pushes down on the wound. "Uh, not bad," I reply. "You're gonna have an awesome scar. You'll look even more badass." He exclaims, "Bitchin'" I smirk. "Yeah, bitchin'." He laughs, and I smile.