the upside down pt.2

Mike's pov

Jonathan enters the room and nods, signaling we could go in. "Guys. Guys, he's up. Will is up. Guys, Will's up," I exclaim, shaking the two awake. My eyes are puffy from all the crying I've been doing. Y/n disappeared out of nowhere, and no one has any idea where she went. I practically sprinted to Will's room.

We burst through the door, smiles plastered on our faces. "Byers!" I exclaim, tackling him in a hug. "Be careful. Be careful with him," Joyce warned. "You won't believe what happened when you were gone, man," Lucas smiled. "It was mental," Dustin added. "You had a funeral," Lucas exclaimed. "Jennifer Hayes was crying," Dustin continued. "And troy pissed himself in front of the whole school," Lucas laughs. Will began to laugh before he started to cough. "You okay? I ask. "It got me. The Demogorgon," Will admitted. "We know. It's okay. It's dead. We made new friends. They stopped it. They saved us. But they're gone now." I frown. "They're name's Y/n and Eleven," Dustin continued. "Like the number?" Will asked. "Well, we call her "El" for short," Lucas explained. "They're basically wizards," Dustin smiled. "They have superpowers," Lucas whispers. "More like a Yoda," I correct. "Eleven flipped a van with her mind, and y/n convinced a bunch of people to kill each other, and these agents were trying to shoot us," Dustin explained. Lucas, Dustin, and I spoke over each other.

time skip to Christmas

"Something is coming. Something angry. Hungry for your blood. It is almost here," I said eerily. "What is it?" Will squeaked. "It's the Thessalhydra, I'm telling you," Dustin exclaimed. "It's not the Thessalhydra," Lucas disagreed. "I'm telling you, It's the Thessalhydra." Lucas hissed. "The Thessalhydra! It roars in anger. Will, your action!" I exclaim. "What should I do? I--" Will stutters. "Fireball him!" Lucas shouts. Dustin took a minute to think, "Fireball the son of a bitch," He smirked. Will rolled the dice. "Fourteen!" We all exclaim in joy. "Direct hit. Will the Wise's fireball hits the Thessylhydra. It makes a painful *screech noise* and then... it crumbles to the ground. Its clawed hand reaches for you one last time and, and, and... and..." I pretend to die. They all smile and cheer, dancing around the table. "Lucas cuts off its seven heads, and Dustin places them into his bag of holding. You carry the heads out of the dungeon, victorious, and you present them to King Tristan. He thanks you for your bravery and service," I babbled. "Whoa. Whoah, whoah, whoah, whoah, that's not it, is it?" Dustin asks. "No, there's a medal ceremony--" I start. "Oh, a medal ceremony? What are you talking about?" Dustin asks. "The campaign was way too short," Lucas complains. "Yeah!" Will agrees. "It was ten hours!" I defend. "But it doesn't make any sense!" Dustin retort. "It makes sense," I argue. "Uh, no, what about the lost knight?" Dustin asks. "And the proud princess," Lucas adds. "And those weird flowers in the cave?" Will continues. "I don't know, it's--" I begin.

"Jeez, what's that smell?" Jonathan asked as he walked down the stairs. "Have you five been playing games all day, or just farting?" Jonathan jokes. "Oh, that's just Dustin. He farted. Dustin farted," Lucas chuckles, blowing a raspberry. "Okay. Very mature, Lucas," Dustin retorts. "Will," Jonathan nodded, signaling it was time to leave. "Bye, guys," Will waves. "Bye, Will," we call back. Lucas and Dustin got up and began to play wrestle. I look over to Y/n's fort. I'm gonna find her. I know she's still out there. She's gotta be.