Chapter 33: Cuddly Study Buddy

Toga's eyes narrowed as she turned the corner to the street.

Jeez, that guy was so overprotective of (Y/n), I could barely get to know her, she remarked. Her cheshire grin graced her lips again as she pictured (Y/n)'s fearful gaze.

It was all worth it to see her again! Her face was so cute when she was scared like that.

She hummed happily, skipping down a back alley to get to the League's hideout.

"I'm ba-ack!" she exclaimed, throwing open the doors to the bar. No one acknowledged her grand entrance, causing her to pout.

"Where were you?" Shigaraki's scratchy voice demanded as he stacked a tower of cards. Toga huffed and sat down on a stool.

"Out."

"If you get caught by any goody-two-shoes hero, it's the end for all of us!" Shigaraki slammed his fist onto the counter. The tower collapsed pitifully.

"That's why you don't trust someone like her to do anything." Dabi said coolly, leaning against a wall with his eyes closed. "With enough questioning and interrogation, she'll crack under the pressure and reveal all our secrets."

Thud.

He didn't flinch as the knife embedded itself in the wall next to his head, but merely opened an eye.

Toga's wild grin was back, her arm which threw the knife extended.

"I'm just as capable as any of you." she ran her tongue over her fangs thoughtfully.

Settling back in her seat, she sighed loudly.

"What a shame. To think I was going to tell about my encounter with (Y/n)..."

Shigaraki's eyes widened in shock.

"You blundering blonde!' he screeched, lunging at her. Toga jabbed at him with her knife.

"She could have reported you to the police-"

Kurogiri calmly waved a hand, scattering portals around the room to break up the fight. Dabi watched, an amused expression across his face.

"I think we should count our blessings that Miss Toga was not reported." Kurogiri commented. He shifted his gaze to the blue-haired male shaking in anger.

"Remember Tomura, we need as much help to overthrow hero society as we can get. Miss Toga will be a valuable part in the plan... if she isn't killed off early."

The blue-haired man tsked, lowering his arm.

"Fine. But one more mistake like that and I turn you to ash."

He took his seat at the counter, once again starting his card tower again. Toga smiled and pulled out a vial with a few drops of the nurse's blood.

(Y/n)'s blood... I'll savor this...

~

(Y/n) and Shinso both made it back to the dorms safely, albeit soaking wet.

Shinso shook his head from side to side, like a dog would, and (Y/n) giggled.

"What?"

"Nothing. You can have a shower down the hall, just around the corner." the nurse gestured with a finger. "I'll put your clothes in the dryer, and I'll find something for you to wear in the meantime."

"That's really not necessary-"

(Y/n) waved her hand dismissively, taking his bag and setting it on the ground. She slipped off the jacket he loaned her and hung it on her arm.