Chapter 50: Betrayal

Happy New Years everyone! Hope this year goes great for everyone! (Also all of April will be 420 lmao what a great year)

Jirou stabbed one of her earphones into the wall.

"I hear a lot of security machine wheels from the floor below."

"Any sounds from above?" Izuku asked.

"No."

"Let's go then!"

They ran up to the 138th floor only to be met with a long stretch of empty hallway. The doors on the other end opened up, revealing a wall of security robots.

"A trap?" (Y/n) exclaimed.

"We'll break through. Iida-"

"Wait! If the servers here are damaged, they would affect the security system too." Melissa said. More security 'bots dropped from the ceiling.

"Just how many are there?" Izuku wondered aloud.

"We'll stop the security machines here." Momo had a determined look on her face. "Midoriya, take Melissa and find a different route!"

"Ochaco, you come too!" Melissa ordered.

"Hai!"

Iida burst forward and took out the first round of bots. Mineta used his quirk to keep the next ones stuck to the ground. Momo provided a cannon and ammo while Jirou fired at the robots.

"(Y/n), you go too!" Iida ordered. "We've got it here!"

(Y/n) nodded and ran after the others.

"Deku! You can't stop now!" she heard Uraraka shout.

"If you do, and we get captured, the others will have done everything in vain!" (Y/n) said, running around the corner. Melissa and Uraraka's faces lit up and Izuku grinned. They ran on, but Melissa stopped before a door.

"Wait! Through here!"

Izuku kicked down the door and they ran out onto the roof.

"This is the wind power generator system." she explained.

"Why here?" Izuku asked.

"If we go up through the tower, the security machines will probably be waiting to ambush us."

"It's good we're avoiding a fight, but how will we get to the 200th floor from here?" (Y/n) glanced around at the barren rooftop.

"We'll go up to the top all at once from here. If we can just get to the emergency exit..."

"All the way up there?" Uraraka said. (Y/n) followed her gaze to a hatch on the side of the tower.

"If we have Ochaco's quirk that lets everything she touches weightless, then we can do it."

(Y/n) glanced down at Melissa' hand, which was trembling against her chest.

"Right. Leave it to me. Melissa, (Y/n), hang onto Deku."

(Y/n) wrapped her arms around Izuku's waist while Melissa wrapped hers around his neck. Uraraka touched all three, making them float to the hatch.

"Go!" she cheered.

The doors across the roof opened and security bots poured out, like blood from a wound.

"Ochaco!" (Y/n) screamed.

"Release your quirk and run away!" Melissa shouted, but Uraraka stood her ground.

"If I do that, we can't save everyone!"